Protesters block arms shipment coming BACK from Iraq

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,310544,00.html

OLYMPIA, Wash — At least three more protesters were arrested Sunday as demonstrations continued against shipments of military cargo through the Port of Olympia.

Others were sprayed with pepper spray by police as they tried to block trucks hauling equipment to Fort Lewis after it was unloaded from a ship carrying the gear back from Iraq.

Protests at the port began Tuesday, after the USNS Brittin arrived and began unloading equipment that had been used in Iraq by the 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division from Fort Lewis.
----------------------------

Wankers.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

why would they protest arms coming back? if they are starting to return isn't that what they wanted ?

Quote:
"As long as the war in Iraq is going on, it's all part of the revolving door," said Andrew Yankey, a member of the group. "They're just shipping it in so they can ship it back out," resulting in more deaths of U.S. military personnel and Iraqi civilians."
Source: http://www.columbian.com/news/state/APStories/AP11062007news227483.cfm

I suppose that they would prefer it all be dumped in the ocean so that America would be defenseless...

I hope they enjoyed their pepper-spray experience.

why would they protest arms coming back? if they are starting to return isn't that what they wanted ?

Quote:
"As long as the war in Iraq is going on, it's all part of the revolving door," said Andrew Yankey, a member of the group. "They're just shipping it in so they can ship it back out," resulting in more deaths of U.S. military personnel and Iraqi civilians."
Source: http://www.columbian.com/news/state/APStories/AP11062007news227483.cfm

I suppose that they would prefer it all be dumped in the ocean so that America would be defenseless...

So shipping it out in the first place left America defenseless. Sounds like treason to me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The article doesn't seem to give the motives of the protesters. Who protests equipment, anyway?

Dude, it's the Pacific Northwest, a whole different brand up there...

They are protesting the war by protesting the activities that are in essence provide materiel support for such efforts.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The article doesn't seem to give the motives of the protesters. Who protests equipment, anyway?

They are protesting the war by protesting the activities that are in essence provide materiel support for such efforts.

Better to protest equipment than grieving families at funerals.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Right the fuck on topic! You never miss:S

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I agree.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Did I just now read what appears to be a movement of "REMF" protesters.:o:o:D:D

I can see the recruiting:

Protester Recruit: Hi, I wanna change the world. My Professor showed me the light.

Recruiter: Okay, So what are your desires? What do you want to get out of this?

Protester Recruit: Oooh, I dunno. Maybe show how I feel.

Recruiter: How about Megaphone holder. There's room for advancement to Talker and it gets you satisfaction of achievement.

Protest Recruit: I don't know. That's on the front line. Sounds a bit risky. I want to earn cool points for college without having to get punched out by a Marine, you know?

Recruiter: Ahh. I got something for you. Every good protest rally needs support. You'll be what we call a REMF. Here's your sign.

Recruit: Oh, COOL!! I hope they read the infinite wisdom of this witty placard!!

Recruiter: They're mostly MSC Merchant Marine employees, they could care less.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Hilarious. Hippies are so much fun to mess with.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=2013944129
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

They should have been shot as collaborators and Saboteurs.

Do not get in the way of the Military, or you will pay the price.

Pepper spray was like giving them encouragement.

Now if a few were treated according to law with what they really did, that would stand as a very important reminder to anyone else contemplating the same.

We are at war, you can protest, vote, or just shut the fuck up, but interfere and you will pay.

They should have been shot as collaborators and Saboteurs.

Oh oh.. back to IF YOU AINT WIOTH US... you is AGIN us....:S:S:S

WE have a LOT of bases in the Puget Sound area and in the NW.
MOST of us by far here support our guys and girls in uniform....

Bu there is a fringe element of anarchists who smell bad and think what they do in life matters.....I had to take a bus to Portland to pick up a car the same day that the same kind of fucknuggets were headed home to Portland from SEattle just after the Riots here.... they were talking shit about their part in this Earth shattering show of stupidity... and how they had got over on THE MAN.... I just started laughing at them hysterically on the bus... they got all pissy and just shut up and sat there stewing the rest of the trip:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D:D