Armour666

Are things chilling between east and west to start a cold war?

How far do you think Russia will take this and the continued responces? Piticulary

Putin said that starting on August 17, they would be in the air more or less constantly.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/international_britain_russia_bombers_dc
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Given that Putin makes lots of domestic political capital from gestures like this, I'd say it's just sabre rattling. I'm sure the pilots on both sides realise that too - this isn't much different from the submarine shadow-boxing that used to go on all the time.

but now with them pushin hard for the Artic and expanding thier oil reserves they could potentaly be a little more cold sholder and cater to china for thier large consuming oil need to make $$

Listen, Russia is flush with 'energy' money and Putin has his elections coming up - and the Russians love to see the Russian bear come out his hibernation.....

Like everything, it's all political!

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Listen, Russia is flush with 'energy' money and Putin has his elections coming up - and the Russians love to see the Russian bear come out his hibernation.....

And of course, it's all the fault of the US, like everything else that's wrong with the world as seen through liberal eyes.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Russia is irrelevent now, or as much as France is.

The Cold War will resume with China, with the interesting side note that both economies depend on each other.

I don't see that happenign with China for the reason you just mentioned , But now that Rusia has China as a potental customer for Oil export it can afford to push back on the west a bit more. With now the US, Canada , Britian all having interceptions in the past month dosn't exactly seam like a friendly hi how are you doing.

thought I'd bump this with the more recent flexing of Russian power in Georgia and the US still tied up in Iraq how much colder will things go? looks like they are using thier econimic recovery to power up the big red machine again.

< and American power in Georgia and the US still tied up in Iraq how much colder will things go? looks like they are using thier econimic recovery to power up the big red machine again.
>>

All should be O.K if only you could control your government.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

and American power in Georgia and the US still tied up in Iraq how much colder will things go? looks like they are using thier econimic recovery to power up the big red machine again.
>>

All should be O.K if only you could control your government.

er...he's in Canada.

But you do bring up an interesting point, I've always suspected those sneaky northern neighbors, always pretending to be so happy, life is perfect...now we begin to see....they are behind the Georgians taking action against US advice in Southern Ossetia, thus giving incentive to Russia to outright invade Georgia...

Do you see?

Do you see?

:S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

thought I'd bump this with the more recent flexing of Russian power in Georgia and the US still tied up in Iraq how much colder will things go? looks like they are using thier econimic recovery to power up the big red machine again.

I don't think it means a "Cold War" in the classic sense of how we remember it.

What I do think this will do is stress the US and Europe as Europe is too dependent on the Russians for oil and gas. I think it will strengthen ties with some of the former Soviet bloc nations with the US. I think this challenges NATO in ways we've not calculated yet.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Are things chilling between east and west to start a cold war?

I certainly hope so. Will probably boost our economy.
OUR? Or these guys? >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military-industrial_complex ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I don't think it means a "Cold War" in the classic sense of how we remember it.

What I do think this will do is stress the US and Europe as Europe is too dependent on the Russians for oil and gas. I think it will strengthen ties with some of the former Soviet bloc nations with the US. I think this challenges NATO in ways we've not calculated yet.

I agree as with Russia being more opened the the iron curtin erra things will be different but I thing there is difently going to be a bigger push by them for influencing other nations and securing resources that are in Russias best intrest. I think it will be more of an eneconimic war by trade.

And of course, it's all the fault of the US, like everything else that's wrong with the world as seen through liberal eyes.

mh

Yes, liberal eyes, as the rest of the world possess.

So how far do you think the US will take this?

Maby it's not how far they will take it but how far can tey afford to take it. With Iraq and afghanistan taking up troops and money plus the reduction of forces in Europe what can they step up at this point to flex some power?