NCclimber

At least 20 killed at Virginia Tech

Arming the entire country is not the solution to protect people from crazy gunmen.

That's like saying that to prevent canopy collisions caused by people doing 270's that everyone should start doing 270's.:S

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

It's scary to think that he might have single-handedly killed so many more if he'd been armed with a knife instead.

It's scary to think that some people actually believe that if the government bans guns, that murderous people won't still be able to get them, or to figure out some other way to kill.

LOL JR, fight the good fight brother, free guns for all :S:S:S:S who needs gun control
:S:S
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Arming the entire country is not the solution to protect people from crazy gunmen.

That's like saying that to prevent canopy collisions caused by people doing 270's that everyone should start doing 270's.:S

It's not arming the entire country. It's about freedom to choose. No one is forcing you to have a firearm. But you have no right to dictate that someone else ought not have that choice.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

At least then everyone would be doing the same thing predictably...

However, outlaw "270s" altogether, and you'll still have that lone AFF student pull a 360 and kill himself and the only other jumper in the sky....

Your analogy fails.

How many college kids do you think would choose to carry a concealed weapon to class?

Probably not too many. At least, not enough to assure that whenever shootings break out there will be armed students to take down the gunman. Arming people is no solution to the problem of violence in our society. That would actually be going backwards.

I stand by my previous comment that trying to get more people to carry guns in prevention of massacres is like trying to get more people to do 270's to prevent canopy collisions. It almost makes a bit of sense.. until you think about it logically.

You should try that sometime.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

However, outlaw "270s" altogether, and you'll still have that lone AFF student pull a 360 and kill himself and the only other jumper in the sky....

Your analogy fails.

No... it doesn't fail at all.

Just like in outlawing guns all together you won't prevent all future acts of violence.. you will however be able to decrease the likelihood of violent shootings from occurring.

How many college kids do you think would choose to carry a concealed weapon to class?

Probably not too many. At least, not enough to assure that whenever shootings break out there will be armed students to take down the gunman. Arming people is no solution to the problem of violence in our society. That would actually be going backwards.

I stand by my previous comment that trying to get more people to carry guns in prevention of massacres is like trying to get more people to do 270's to prevent canopy collisions. It almost makes a bit of sense.. until you think about it logically.

Well, I have to point out that you're countering an argument that's not my main point, which is that you have no right to tell others they cannot exercise their rights. It's about freedom of choice. Look it up. It's not about mandatory gun ownership. It's about freedom for each to decide for themselves.

Your analogy fails.

Just like in outlawing guns all together you won't prevent all future acts of violence.. you will however be able to decrease the likelihood of violent shootings from occurring.

I'll say it again: Criminals have no difficulties obtaining guns, despite any law--They're criminals who don't care about the law.

I think that setting up more roadblocks to criminals who are trying to acquire weapons for violent purposes is in the best interest of everyone. I never said that it would prevent all future gun violence.. but it can't hurt.

However.. allowing more people to carry guns is just some insane solution to a major problem of violence in our society.. which I'm sure stems in large part due to the so tightly held beliefs of people like you.

And whoever suggested I move out of this country.. I would love to. I would love to go somewhere where people appreciate the fact that more guns does not equate to a safer society.

It's not arming the entire country. It's about freedom to choose. No one is forcing you to have a firearm. But you have no right to dictate that someone else ought not have that choice.

No it’s not about freedom of choice, if I was to move to the US my "freedom of choice" would be not to arm myself. However I don’t realistically have that option, with at least half the population of the US packing heat Im damn sure im going to as well...
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Your analogy fails.

I'll say it again: Criminals have no difficulties obtaining guns, despite any law--They're criminals who don't care about the law.

It is however interesting that these huge gun slaughters of the public do seem to happen with a fairly regular occurrence in your land of the free, we don’t seem to read about to many happening in the UK, Australia, Japan. Why because the NRA position that restricting access to guns causes more crime (because then only criminals will have guns), is not supported by evidence at a national level.

No it’s not about freedom of choice, if I was to move to the US my "freedom of choice" would be not to arm myself. However I don’t realistically have that option, with at least half the population of the US packing heat Im damn sure im going to as well...

Then you'd enjoy Chicago. Completely disarmed/vulnerable population, except for the criminals, who love their disarmed prey.

Again, we have the Constitution on our side. You'll lose.

It's scary to think that he might have single-handedly killed so many more if he'd been armed with a knife instead.

It's scary to think that some people actually believe that if the government bans guns, that murderous people won't still be able to get them, or to figure out some other way to kill.

LOL JR, fight the good fight brother, free guns for all :S:S:S:S who needs gun control

Guns never killed anyone by themselves.

How about criminal control?

You and your gun toting cronies are useless.

Thanks for ruining the country.

Two easy options:

"Bienvenue vers le Canada!"

or

"¡Bienvenido a Mexico!"

Don't let the door smack you in the ass on your way out!

Guns never killed anyone by themselves.

How about criminal control?

let me repeat myself incase you missed it the first time..... "It is however interesting that these huge gun slaughters of the public do seem to happen with a fairly regular occurrence in your land of the free, we don’t seem to read about to many happening in the UK, Australia, Japan"

Caller-Times, Corpus Christi, TX, 10/11/06
State: tx
Police say a man confronted Rose Ann Kozlowski and her 14-year-old son at their home, then bound them with neckties in the master bedroom, held them at knifepoint and threatened their lives. The intruder began ransacking the home for jewelry and other valuables, which he placed in the family's SUV. Meanwhile, Kozlowski managed to free herself and untie her son. She retrieved her husband's revolver, handed it to her son and locked the double doors to the bedroom. The incensed intruder pushed at the doors, partially opening them as he waved his knife. The teenager aimed his father's pistol toward the opening between the doors and squeezed the trigger. The armed robber dropped dead.

Waco Tribune-Herald, Waco, TX,
Vincent Llanas was on the phone with 9-1-1, desperately hoping police would arrive in time as a man tried to break into his home. As he spoke with the dispatcher, the intruder smashed a window and tried to unlock the front door. Llanas quickly grabbed a 12-gauge shotgun and shot at the suspect, peppering him with shot as it ricocheted off the window and door. The suspect fled the scene, but was arrested by police and taken to the hospital.

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Lubbock, TX, 03/26/06
State: tx
According to authorities, a 29-year-old man entered the bedroom window of a sleeping 70-year-old Tom Ritter and his wife, and viciously stabbed Ritter with a knife. Ritter's wife, awakened by the commotion, fired one round from her revolver into the intruder's chest. Ritter was listed in stable condition. The suspect was under police observation in the intensive-care unit at another hospital.

Feel free to contact Rose Ann Kozlowski, her 14 year old son, Vincent Llanas, Tom Ritter and his wife and tell them that you'd rather them be dead because you're uncomfortable with the thought of responsible law-abiding citizens owning firearms for their protection

.:S

I may leave someday to someplace like Canada or New Zealand.. but until I complete my education I would like to try to convince people like you to see the light of rational thought.

It almost makes a bit of sense.. until you think about it logically.

Isn't that a PA?

is just some insane solution to a major problem of violence in our society.. which I'm sure stems in large part due to the so tightly held beliefs of people like you

Wow!!!!!!!! Now its ExAFO's fault. That is a big PA

And some more.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

I may leave someday to someplace like Canada or New Zealand.. but until I complete my education I would like to try to convince people like you to see the light of rational thought.

Rational Thought? Toots, I've been to some shitty locales all over the world. Places where your naiive worldview would get you taken advantage of in a nanosecond. We've got it pretty damn good here.

Have you actually lived outside a collegiate world, or outside a situation where you've got a parental safety net? Your view of the world smacks of undergraduate naieveness, and perhaps the delusion that all people are inherently good. Let me tell you-they're not.

There are some cast iron cocksuckers out there. It's a dangerous world, and all the feel-good hippy stoner bullshit is going to get you nowhere, other than hurt.

Get out of the reality-impared hypoxic, possibly THC impared world you seem to be in. This world is inherently shitty at times. It's up to you to make your little corner of it tolerable.

The world where everyone gets along will never occur. It's good to relentlessly pursue it, but it's a journey without a destination.

Face reality. The sooner you do it, the better off you'll be.

And passing laws to ban guns to prevent criminals (who by definition, break laws) from having them makes sense?

If someone's going to kill someone, an illegal weapons charge doesn't even cross their mind.

It almost makes a bit of sense.. until you think about it logically.

Isn't that a PA?

is just some insane solution to a major problem of violence in our society.. which I'm sure stems in large part due to the so tightly held beliefs of people like you

Wow!!!!!!!! Now its ExAFO's fault. That is a big PA

And some more.

I don't care. Consider she and I even.

Have you extremists ever wondered how stupid you sound to the rational people that come in here to laugh at you?

OMG!!! BAN ALL GUNS!!!

NO WAIT!!! WTF GUNS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

FUCK YOU!

NO FUCK YOU!!!!

/has had to pull his weapon in self defense
//also just wants to shoot some fucking deer
///doesn't have the exact answer, but knows both sides are even farther away.