shropshire

Eiffel Tower turns off lights -

haha - they're surrendering already.

Now, going off at a tangent here; do you know any paragliders around Suffolk? Who were up and about the other day? Only asking because I nearly flew into one at around 1000ft the other day - and it wasn't the first time this is happened either.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Air Misses are a bastard. I dont know anyone over there, sorry. But it could be worth sending a lleter into our association magazine. clicky

We have a big debate at the moment around us carrying Transponders:S>:( - Really!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Air Misses are a bastard. I dont know anyone over there, sorry. But it could be worth sending a lleter into our association magazine. clicky

We have a big debate at the moment around us carrying Transponders:S>:( - Really!!

I'd heard about that a while ago, how's it going at the moment? I thought it was more the fixed wing gliding community that was having to worry about it - you guys probably being automatically exempted since you got nowhere to attatch the transponder?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Essentially if they're going to be gliding close to a busy military aviation base why not give the tower a phone and let them know?

Might be saving themselves from an Apache, Lynx or Gazelle in the face........:S, for the sake of a phone call.

Dunno about the transponder though, regarding weight and power, unless of course there are small and light versions out there. Also, I'd imagine you'd need to be in two-way comm's with the controller to allow him to identify the squawk - and give you one in the first place. Unless paragliders are given a generic code.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'