Darius11

Airport removes Christmas trees

What does the Rabbi want? To have in each section of the airport decorations from all the faiths that use the airport?

Didn't you read the article? The Rabbi was fine with the Xmas tree, he just wanted a menorah up there too. He wanted both.

He & his group were disappointed when they took the Xmas tree down. They said it might make their Jewish group look like a "grinch."

Thus my reply, what's so difficult to understand? If the Rabbie got his way then so would every other religion that wanted a decoration in the airport.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Maybe Bush should just take control of the airport; he knows how to settle problems of this kind.

That's not as bad as bulldozing down the whole airport. Maybe Mayor Daley((democrat) needed some land for growing Christmas trees so he sacrificed Meigs Field.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I work for an Arabic Airline, and even we have a Christmas Tree in our office.

I was actually pleasantly suprised to find that they put one up.

I'd say about 50% of our staff don't celebrate christmas, and about 80% of our clients don't either.

No complaints. It's simply represents the good natured spirit of the holiday
What goes up, must come DOWN!!!

Without reading the thread, I'm going to get on my soapbox and say this:

This country was founded by Christians and governed by a Christian government, therefore, we celebrate Christmas the Christian way.

The other religions can either accept it, or go fuck themselves and celebrate their own way and shut the fuck up.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>This country was founded by Christians and governed by a Christian government . . .

Actually we explicitly say that we do NOT respect any one religion.

> therefore, we celebrate Christmas the Christian way.

Because we do not respect any one religion, people can celebrate christmas/hanukkah/the solstice any way they want! Ain't that great?

Pat Davis, president of the Port of Seattle commission, which directs airport operations, said late Monday that maintenance staff would restore the 14 plastic holiday trees, festooned with red ribbons and bows, that were removed over the weekend because of a rabbi's complaint that holiday decor did not include a menorah.

It's a miracle! :)

Without reading the thread, I'm going to get on my soapbox and say this:

This country was founded by Christians and governed by a Christian government, therefore, we celebrate Christmas the Christian way.

The other religions can either accept it, or go fuck themselves and celebrate their own way and shut the fuck up.

Damn straight, fuck the constitution!

In all seriousness though, if you were to get up on a soapbox and say that my reply to you would be to fuck off home and stay out of my fucking business.:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?