sundevil777

Hamas charter states clearly they don't want a negotiated settlement

They don't want peace. It is as simple as that.

Is there someone that could lead the Palestinian Authority as Sadat had the courage to do for Egypt? I think not. Until that leader emerges, there is no reason to not take them at their word and accept that they do not want peace. I don't consider the recent actions by Israel to be overwhelming force.

Given that they are at war with each other, I think Israel should fight it like a real war, not a limited engagement. I think as long as the Palestinian Authority thinks that Israel will not respond with overwhelming force, they will not seek peace.

From Article 13 of the Hamas charter:

"[Peace] initatives, the so-called peaceful solutions, and the international conferences to resolve the Palestinian problem, are all contrary to the beliefs of the Islamic Resistance Movement..."

It is too bad that the Israelis are so ineffective at countering the lies from the Arab world, it is the Palestinians that brag about their friends in the media helping them. So many people think that both sides are equally at fault, which I think is completely wrong.

The Arab world is still overtly racist, was on the wrong side of WWII, and thought they were better off to ignore the partition negotiations. That decision was bad for them, but I say tough shit, especially after Arafat turned down what his own negotiators worked out at the end of the Clinton admin.

We should also remember that Arafat was a KGB operative:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=673688#673688
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yeah... Hamas the elected government (their "Political Wing" if you will) had an opportunity to raise their game into political negotiation the way Arafat & Fatah had done... Or even the way Sinn-Fein had done.

What you "can" say as a political party or "pressure group" is VERY different from what you can say as a government. At least, it is if you value the survival of your country.

A classic example of this was the attitude & policies of the Finnish Government when stuck with the geographical fact of living next to a "big nasty neighbour". They had to tread a fine line between appeasement & desire in the interests of survival. Hamas failed in this, and Palestine now pays the price for Hamas' political & diplomatic ineptitude.

Mike.

In the meantime:NWS

"Nice Hamas Girl seeks Israeli for quick bang & help with virgin collection!"

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.