"Not Just One Pilot: We ALL Got That SOB"

Why would 'America haters' want to ban VE and VJ day??? America was only one of many countries that won Victory in Europe and Victory in Japan.

Thank you for that excellent example of what I was talking about. The subject was "celebrating victory over tyranny". Yet, you Mr. Skyrad choose instead to go off topic and point out that America wasn't the only country to win those wars. But VE and VJ day are American holidays - that's when Americans celebrate their significant contribution to those victories. It wasn't about how much was contributed by whom. But that was the direction you took because you couldn't resist an opportunity to bash America.

And I'm sure that you think France could have whupped Hitler single-handedly, and likewise, the Island of Fiji could have whipped all those Japs.

Dancergirl and kallend are also guilty of going off-topic in the same manner in their zeal to bash America's contribution.

Three good examples of America-haters who just can't bear to say anything positive about the U.S. I think it would make their heads explode.

I take that as a personal attack John. I'm no America hater and I take offence at being described as such.

There are some that believe that anyone who does not swallow right wing propaganda is, ipso facto, an America hater. Generally the same people believe that anyone who thinks the Iraq invasion was a mistake is, ipso facto, a soldier hater. It simplifies their world view to see things this way.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don't hate America (how can you hate a piece of land? :S )

i don't hate the average (vast majority of) American... how can i? i don't know them !

i dislike some of the foreign policies that the American Government has, but then i dislike some of the Blair stuff too

i laugh at most of the sterotypes of Americans ;) (just like alot probably do about us limeys)

Dancergirl and kallend are also guilty of going off-topic in the same manner in their zeal to bash America's contribution.

Blind love for America is just as bad as blinde hate.

But about Dancergirl and kallend doing the "bashing America's contribution"-thingy...

% people that have a good opinion of the US in:

China: 47%
Russia: 43%
Germany: 37%
France: 39%
Spain: 28%
Pakistan: 27%

(Source: Spiegel Online)

Seems to me that Dancegirl, kallend and a few other people in here are just sharing a widespread opinion.
»Somewhere between the lies and truths borderlines get shady.
Somewhere between the yesses and nos you can find the maybe.«

Blind love for America is just as bad as blinde hate.

But about Dancergirl and kallend doing the "bashing America's contribution"-thingy...

% people that have a good opinion of the US in:

China: 47%
Russia: 43%
Germany: 37%
France: 39%
Spain: 28%
Pakistan: 27%

(Source: Spiegel Online)

Seems to me that Dancegirl, kallend and a few other people in here are just sharing a widespread opinion.

I have a very good opinion of the USA. I just have extreme disdain for its current leadership (sic), who appear to be a bunch of liars who persuaded the gullible to elect them, while working solely for the benefit of their rich cronies, and who have managed in 5 years to reduce significantly the stature of the US in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Please post a link to the post where I BASHED America's contribution.

Pointing out that YOU neglected the contribution of all the Allies except the USA does not constitute bashing America.

FACT: The Russians killed more Nazis than all other allied nations combined.

I just have extreme disdain for its current leadership (sic), who appear to be a bunch of liars who persuaded the gullible to elect them,

It sounds like you also have disdain for all of the gulliable ones who chose a simple liar over and "intellectual, elitist," liar.
We surely don't need another finger wetter running this country.

I just have extreme disdain for its current leadership (sic), who appear to be a bunch of liars who persuaded the gullible to elect them,

It sounds like you also have disdain for all of the gulliable ones who chose a simple liar over and "intellectual, elitist," liar.

Fortunately the number of people who voted for either liar was a fairly small fraction of the population of this country.

Call him a "finger wetter", but even with Monica's little detour underneath his desk all Clinton managed was to make the rest of the world chuckle - about him.

Bush on the other hand makes the rest of the world slap its forehead - about the whole US.

Plus, the "man with a spine" is down to 33% among his own people. That'd make me think for sure. ;)
»Somewhere between the lies and truths borderlines get shady.
Somewhere between the yesses and nos you can find the maybe.«