freethefly

AIDS, The Deadliest Epidemic in History

Narcimund is right about one's sexual orientation having nothing to do with it. A celibate gay man is just as unlikely as a celibate hetero man to get AIDS. Same for women.

Exactly. So it does come down to choice and self control. My main point from the very beginning.
The free for all mentality of todays' society says, "It's just too much to ask, for us to control our primal urges."

It may be simplistic on my part,but it seams that if a person does not do a few things they have nothing to worry about.
1 no anal sex
2 no IV drug use
3 do not be gay
4 do not share needles
5 avoid contact with body fluids of those that do the above things.

6. Heterosexual vaginal intercourse

It may be simplistic on my part,but it seams that if a person does not do a few things they have nothing to worry about.
1 no anal sex
2 no IV drug use
3 do not be gay
4 do not share needles

AIDS/HIV is a curse on mankind that can be avoided

you catch it with the choices you make

you avoid it with the choices you make

This makes me wonder why it is so wide spread in the areas of the whorld that need the population reduced the most. over population , under developed ,inability to feed the population,etc.
hummmmm

i don't think you ever came "back" did you ;)

1 no anal sex
2 no IV drug use
3 do not be gay
4 do not share needles

AIDS/HIV is a curse on mankind that can be avoided

you catch it with the choices you make

you avoid it with the choices you make

This makes me wonder why it is so wide spread in the areas of the whorld that need the population reduced the most. over population , under developed ,inability to feed the population,etc.
hummmmm

i don't think you ever came "back" did you ;)

An acquaintance of mine got it from a blood transfusion (in the '80s). He died.

There have been quite a few health-care workers got it from contaminated "sharps" too.

I think you are too simplistic.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In the Republican Party, zealous right-wingers, such as Representative William Dannenmeyer (CA) and Senator Jesse Helms (R-NC), hammered home this same message.

When he retired from the Senate, Jesse Helms got up and apologized for having taken his earlier stand about AIDS. He said he considered it one of the greatest mistakes of his life.

Ironically, Terry Dolan the founder of NCPAC (National Conservative Political Action Committee), the first and once most powerful of the conservative PACs, was himself a closeted gay who died of AIDS.

Former Sec'y of State Colin Powell called the worldwide AIDS epidemic a threat to America's national security. Of course Bush listened to this about as much as he listened to anything else Powell ever said.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

hummmmm

In Africa ignorance and local traditions play a huge factor in the transmission of HIV.

While you get the article, lets bust a few myths:

HIV/AIDS was not started because someone had sex with a monkey or ape.

Nothing from you for months and as soon as someone starts talking about hot monkey sex, you show up. :ph34r::ph34r:

Well, after saying this I didn't know how to respond to that poll in BF about having a monkey, sex, or pulling a heist. Shut my a$$ right up!:D~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!