warpedskydiver

Greek, Turkish Military Planes Collide

My point still stands: Turkey would like to be a part of the EU.

I never said they didn't, I was simply offering that they may decide to stay on the outskirt. It's not impossible. Deteriorating relations with Greece can easily lead to someone uttering the idea to put Turkey's candidacy on hold. Anything's possible.

If you want to test who have the best knowledge about the country where I have lived for 27 years, just bring it on ;-)

Not simply knowledge, but specifics. For example, you said that you believe you enjoy more freedoms than a US citizen. Okay. What are you talking about? Not something silly like being able to drink in public with an uncovered container or something is it?

Now, from what I understand, Sweden has banned scientific research as it relates to determining the basis of, and advanced theories as it pertains to the differences between men and women. A book which contains an interview with scientist Annica Dahlström, who talks about some fundamental gener differences in the brain, has been banned.

I know that certain localities in the US have removed books from libraries, etc. However, I'm unaware of any publication ever censored/banned by the federal government.

And … GM only bought the automotive part of SAAB and we thank you for pouring billions of dollars into that losing battle :-)

Dude, Saabs were so freaking cool before GM bought them. Now, I can buy an Opel, or Chevy, or Saturn, or...:S...GM has wrecked that poor automaker. My dad was a huge Saab buyer, me, I dig Hondas. Can't win them all. GM has effectively killed more companies still living than I can remember.;)

/Martin

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Trust me, there is no banning of books in Sweden. It’s against our constitution. It’s as probable as George marrying Dick (even though we all can see the sparkles in their eyes when they se each others ;-))

It’s a extremely interesting example as Annica works at the university where I study

I got 7 matches from my university libraryon her name
http://webbgunda.ub.gu.se:8000/cgi-bin/chameleon?host=sunda.ub.gu.se%208010%20DEFAULT&submittheform=Search&usersrch=1&beginsrch=1&function=INITREQ&search=KEYWORD&lng=sv&charset=UTF-8&pos=1&conf=./chameleon.conf&u1=1016&t1=Annica+Dahlstr%C3%B6m

I even got her address and phone number:
http://katagu.gu.se/katagu.taf?oid=9000&pid=817

If you would like to call her and get first hand info… ;)

But there is a big women’s rights movement in Sweden and they are not that very impressed by biology, which saddens me but that’s another story.

Seems as if we are getting somewhat of track here though.

Glad your dad liked his SAABs. Some guys at my DZ have worked in that factory. Doesn’t that scare you, that a skydiver might have assembled the break lines on your fathers car
:o

Glad your dad liked his SAABs. Some guys at my DZ have worked in that factory. Doesn’t that scare you, that a skydiver might have assembled the break lines on your fathers car
:o

Not anymore. Now he drives a GM built vehicle (GMC Envoy XUV)...the check engine light came on three times in the first 1000 miles (1600km). He gets non-stop razzing from me for his choice of conveyance. :S:P No matter, he doesn't drive the same way as he used to when he had a 900 SPG (a Turbo with some Euro tweaks)...he was the man with a cast iron shoe in those days.;)

Edit to add: I caught a blog regarding that "banned" book in Sweden. Turns out, they are mentioning a county called: Norrbotten. ?? Here's the link, it's a blog so I only give it a grain of salt: http://blogs.salon.com/0001561/2005/02/12.html
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!