stoneycase

Is this woman crazy? (link w/video)

I think she needs to be sodomized;)

I would take the hit for the team and carry this out....

Seriously, Grace is what is letting this woman live her life. Jesus already died for our sins, according to the Bible, but I don't think she got past the Old Testament.........

Krispy Kremes

sorry, i'm west coast. we don't have that crap here. j/k! i used to love the KK when i lived in VA.

Actually, I think I saw one down in Torrance, off of PCH.

wouldn't surprise me...i think there may even be some grocery stores that carry the donuts (boxed of course).

what i really want, is a damn philly cheese steak. i want lean cut, lots of american cheese, grilled onions, peppers, and mushrooms. soft bread, dammit! stop with the 'so called' cheesesteaks! they suck!! (hint, big ass pieces of roast beef + lettuce + tomato + cheese does NOT equal cheesesteak)

seriously, i've had one good cheesesteak in CA in 8 yrs. Jersey's, on Cannery Row in Monterey. opened in '05 i think.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

what i really want, is a damn philly cheese steak. i want lean cut, lots of american cheese, grilled onions, peppers, and mushrooms. soft bread, dammit! stop with the 'so called' cheesesteaks! they suck!! (hint, big ass pieces of roast beef + lettuce + tomato + cheese does NOT equal cheesesteak)

seriously, i've had one good cheesesteak in CA in 8 yrs. Jersey's, on Cannery Row in Monterey. opened in '05 i think.

I found a place in El Segundo called "Big Mike's" that makes a good one. I don't think they'll put lettuce or tomato on it even if you ask them.

A Portillos opened up recently in Anaheim so Italian beef sandwiches on the way home from the dropzone Sunday evenings may become a ritual.

There's also a good New York deli in Torrance where you can get a proper pastrami sandwich.

What is really lacking out here is Chicago-Style deep-dish. A guy at work claims there's a place out in Moreno Valley. That's a bit of a drive, but I haven't been to Chicago since November, so it's starting to sound closer and closer.

Shirley Phelps strikes me as full of conscience, passion, and faith in the bible. Those things are true of all christians, right?

The unusual thing is that she connects the dots more vigorously than most. She's also exceptionally remorseless and judgemental. These are the qualities God is reputed to have as well. Really, she seems to just be taking the Bible at its word -- literally -- and not shying away from the distasteful parts.

[UL]
[LI]The Bible says to stone fags -- so she advocates stoning fags.
[LI]The Bible says God is remorseless and judgemental -- so she's emulating him.
[LI]The Bible says God destroys cities (and all life on earth) when he gets mad -- she believes that's happening now.
[/UL]
I can see why she'd be unpopular with tentative christians -- because she goes all the way.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I found a place in El Segundo called "Big Mike's" that makes a good one. I don't think they'll put lettuce or tomato on it even if you ask them.

A Portillos opened up recently in Anaheim so Italian beef sandwiches on the way home from the dropzone Sunday evenings may become a ritual.

There's also a good New York deli in Torrance where you can get a proper pastrami sandwich.

What is really lacking out here is Chicago-Style deep-dish. A guy at work claims there's a place out in Moreno Valley. That's a bit of a drive, but I haven't been to Chicago since November, so it's starting to sound closer and closer.

no way?! el segundo? i'm down there on a semi-regular basis to visit another co. office and customer. awesome. i'm lookin that place up.

haha! it's funny how we'll go to great lengths for 'simple' pleasures...a cheesesteak, some deep dish - that sounds damn good to me.

Shirley Phelps strikes me as full of conscience, passion, and faith in the bible. Those things are true of all christians, right?

The unusual thing is that she connects the dots more vigorously than most. She's also exceptionally remorseless and judgemental. These are the qualities God is reputed to have as well. Really, she seems to just be taking the Bible at its word -- literally -- and not shying away from the distasteful parts.

[UL]
[LI]The Bible says to stone fags -- so she advocates stoning fags.
[LI]The Bible says God is remorseless and judgemental -- so she's emulating him.
[LI]The Bible says God destroys cities (and all life on earth) when he gets mad -- she believes that's happening now.
[/UL]
I can see why she'd be unpopular with tentative christians -- because she goes all the way.

oh yeah, i'm sure fred and shirley are at the top of the $hit list for most christians that have seen/heard of their antics. how could they not be? i agree with you point by point. they've got to dislike her and want to distance themselves from her given the situation.

so their choice is to discredit the person - she's a nutjob. not reading the bible correctly/brainwashed/disturbed/evil/etc.

but you can't just forget about the source. like i said, i agree, and that's the $hit part: her source is thought to be 'infallible'. i don't recall anything that said the old testament was fiction while the new testament was real. (of course i am *no kind* of theologian/religious scholar)

so everyone on the outside, looking in (like myself), not only discredits the person as evil, but also discredits the source as hateful and intolerant.

Well.

I think she made a point which she obviously firmly believes in. If someone (such as a soldier) is killed, then it's God's Punishment for sinning.

Fine. Fair enough.

Since they believe this so firmly, I would assume that if "God's Wrath" were applied to them, perhaps by detonating an IED at their church, then charges couldn't be pressed by either the state or the survivors (if any). Everyone, regardless of opinion on this church, would surely give thanks to God for the bomb killing sinners!:ph34r:

All the same, I'd kind'a like Lawrocket's opinion on this before we all start doing "God's Work" by pouring the Diesel & Coal-Dust into the fertiliser!:)

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.