rhys

i'm NOT christian... and proud of it!!!

heart. You do have to forgive yourself. You do have to accept that you have very special gifts and abilities. You do have to accept that you already know what is right - you know it every time you make a choice whether you realize it or not.

Everything good will follow. Once you know that love, you also know how to share it and more than that, you want to share it.

You don't even have to have heard of Christ or the Bible or the church or any other version of this truth to know it. This message applies regardless.

That's how I know it's real.

You are talking about karma. Atheists don't even beleive in that concept.

The key word there is "natural", meaning things that we can access through the five senses.

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, depending upon only the five senses to provide all of one's input, just seems so confining and small.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ironic that you say this the way you say it when the most devout among you will chant self-defeatist rhetoric about how weak and puny we are as humans.

I think the point that is being made here is as Paul would say, [KJV]"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."
Sin dwells in every human. Once we recognize it, and try to fight it, then the battle is on. The desire of the flesh against the desire of the spirit to be free from sin .A good example would be an alcoholic of even a smoker trying to break the habit.

How can the natural experience the supernatural if the supernatural doesn't make itself available to be experienced in a natural manner?

Great question! The problem with the adult intellectual mind is that all of the ducks must be in a row before a single step can be made.
As a child, did you ever go on an adventure with your friends, not knowing what you would find around the next corner? You took that trip by faith not knowing whether fortune or misfortune would come your way. Unless you were playing army, I doubt that you sent out a scout to be sure that the way was clear.
Matt. 18:1-5 Jesus said that you must come to God as[ or like] a little child in order to see Him.

The only real argument I have against christianity is this. It is biblical that you must have faith in god to receive salvation.

A bonfire can be started with the smallest of flames.

Faith is expressly necessary where there is a lack of certainty, knowledge, or evidence. By believing through faith, you show love for your god which is why your god demands faith. If you, as a natural being, were to experience god in a natural way (touching, tasting, smelling, hearing, seeing) you would have certainty through evidence and knowledge. Of course this is provided that no other possible explanation (very strict here) could be offered for what you experienced. It would have to be god, and god would have to be in the natural realm for you to naturally experience it. As a result, if you ever, with 100% certainty, KNEW, in such a way that NO ONE could possibly deny it was true, that god existed due to your experiences, you would not need faith.

I can only refer you Saul's conversion to Christ on the road to Damascus as evidence of proof positive. One minute he's persecuting Christians, the next, he's a beleiver in Christ. He never waivered from the message, knowing that what happened was real.
I'm sure sceptics would probably say that he had stroke or something like it.

It's not to say that you wouldn't love god. But you wouldn't be showing love through faith which god expressly demands in the bible as a prerequisite for salvation (and in my opinion, the only prerequisite that matters).

Once again, God does not require a doctorate in faith to beleive in Him, only the simple faith of a child; even as an adult.

The point of this being that christians, by definition, do not KNOW with 100% certainty that god exists. If they did, they could prove god in a way that no one could deny. But in order for that to happen, they would have to sacrifice faith and those without faith would have no problem 'realizing the truth'.

I'm not saying god doesn't exist, I'm saying no one can know. You can believe, but you can't know. This is based on biblical principles.

The gift of salvation is a miracle in itself, because a person's thinking and actions can be changed in an instant.
In my thinking, God performs many miracles in order strenghten a person's faith. In other words" God, give me a sign."

The point of this being that christians, by definition, do not KNOW with 100% certainty that god exists. If they did, they could prove god in a way that no one could deny. But in order for that to happen, they would have to sacrifice faith and those without faith would have no problem 'realizing the truth'.

One cannot touch love, feel love, see love, or taste love, yet ask anyone who has ever experienced it, if it exists. That's the closest that I can get to explaining faith. You know that you're in love, and noone can prove you wrong.

----------------------------------------

Great question! The problem with the adult intellectual mind is that all of the ducks must be in a row before a single step can be made.
As a child, did you ever go on an adventure with your friends, not knowing what you would find around the next corner? You took that trip by faith not knowing whether fortune or misfortune would come your way. Unless you were playing army, I doubt that you sent out a scout to be sure that the way was clear.
Matt. 18:1-5 Jesus said that you must come to God as[ or like] a little child in order to see Him.

I Corinthians 13:11 - When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things.

Yes I already read verse 12.

I can only refer you Saul's conversion to Christ on the road to Damascus as evidence of proof positive. One minute he's persecuting Christians, the next, he's a beleiver in Christ. He never waivered from the message, knowing that what happened was real.
I'm sure sceptics would probably say that he had stroke or something like it.

In the end, one can only say that Paul took this proposed experience to be of god. Doesn't mean it was. Again, this is circumstantial. The only thing god appears to have planned big enough to convince more than one person undeniably, is the proposed rapture. Of course if Israel is supernaturally protected in a miraculous way coming up here this year, that could be substantial evidence. We'll see.

Once again, God does not require a doctorate in faith to beleive in Him, only the simple faith of a child; even as an adult.

It does require simple faith. Because as soon as you start probing for answers and understanding, you usually find yourself walking a path to no where. There are many dead ends and "I don't know"s that, while they may not be important for those who think only of salvation, for others these things are important or at least worthwhile for contemplation. Pity to have the cognitive ability we do and not use it.

In my thinking, God performs many miracles in order strenghten a person's faith. In other words" God, give me a sign."

In my thinking, many things happen under the context of someone looking for a miracle or other sign from god which end up strengthening a persons faith, though the experience was evidently unaffiliated with god. (Insert "not a sparrow falls out of the sky" rhetoric)

One cannot touch love, feel love, see love, or taste love, yet ask anyone who has ever experienced it, if it exists. That's the closest that I can get to explaining faith. You know that you're in love, and noone can prove you wrong.

Love is nothing more than hormones/chemicals caused by external or internal stimuli which, by definition, occurs mutually between two parties at one point or another. If you take away the equipment responsible for making those chemical/hormonal compounds, you'll find a person who cannot feel love. Much like a person who uses MDMA and overtime loses a large part of their ability to become happy without the drug.

Interestingly, fervent beliefs can cause very real chemical reactions which can lead one to believe what they are experience is supernatural. But in reality, it's about as supernatural as getting high.
6.8% - Almost there!

It is a philosophy. Buddha is not a god but a descriptive term meaning enlightened one. Look it up.

Enlightened by what or whom?

Understanding through knowledge. New perspectives and realizations about how things are, were, and are becoming.
6.8% - Almost there!

how can someone who was never born say anything, especially since the 'godspel ACCORDING to john was not in existence until around 180 c. e.(totally provably so)! sitting on your asses praying for the mythical sun of god to come back is the biggest part of what is wrong with the world. the fear of hell instilled by your religion is what controls your every thought and action
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

wishers never choose, choosers never wish

proposed experience to be of god.

The only thing god

sign from god

I have seen this many times by people who deride Christianity. The word God is a proper noun, and should be capitalized.
I did the same thing when I started in this forum when using the words "Muslim or Islam."
I'm not being sensitive. I'ts just the right thing to do.

It does require simple faith. Because as soon as you start probing for answers and understanding, you usually find yourself walking a path to no where. There are many dead ends and "I don't know"s that, while they may not be important for those who think only of salvation, for others these things are important or at least worthwhile for contemplation. Pity to have the cognitive ability we do and not use it.

I don't have the knowledge to post to other websites, but if you will look up C.S.Lewis you will find that he went through the same processes in his acceptance of God.
His ability to reason is better than most.

Have You ever read John Bunyon's, Pilgrim's Progress, an allegory of the Christian's journey through life?

right on jakee! if you want the most in-depth research ever done into the history of christianity go to www.truthbeknown.com the title ofthe book is 'suns of god, chrishna, buddha, christ unveiled'. this book is not a new discussion, it is rather a compilation of ALL AVAILABLE INFORMATION from the first time anyone ever shoved "jesus is the messiah' down someone else's throat. JESUS IS A MYTH. it has been proven repeatedly since the beginning of the common era. only by murdering, burning, raping, and torturing people who the 'church' called heretics that the phony religion ,christianity, got where it is today. it is attached to a previous post. go there and you can download three chapters of the book, the historical jesus and the life of buddhaare two of them. a god that says burn in for not believing is not loving or benevolent, that would be the quintessential EVIL tyrant. as one of the six billion 'gods' on this planet i have nothing but love for all of humanity, not matter what you believe or what you think of what i say.

I don't have the knowledge to post to other websites, but if you will look up C.S.Lewis you will find that he went through the same processes in his acceptance of God.
His ability to reason is better than most.

Have You ever read John Bunyon's, Pilgrim's Progress, an allegory of the Christian's journey through life?

Find a single objective website worth looking at that refers to C.S. Lewis and how he relates to Christianity and I'll look. He's the poster boy of the christian community.

Yes I read Pilgrim's Progress back when I was in a private christian school.
6.8% - Almost there!

just like the moral majority, which was neither, the christian coalition perpetrates the lie, and focus on the family needs to focus on thier own damn families. 'tis not that your 'religion, does anything to me specifically, it is that the fear it creates is destroying this world. "i give you the world, go forth and subdue it?", "in this sign you shall conquer", st. augustine-"kill them all, let gog sort them out", pope leo X- "what profit hath that FABLE OF CHRIST BROUGHT US", ST ANASTHIUS- "SHOULD WE TAKE THE "SACRED WRIT" TO THE LETTER, WE WOULD BE COMMITTING THE MOST ENORMOUS OF BLASPHEMIES"WWW.TRUTHBEKNOWN.COM IS THE WEB SITE.

if you want the most in-depth research ever done into the history of christianity go to http://www.truthbeknown.com

You mean the most in-depth revisionism. That stuff is full of hoaxes. Don't fall for it.
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

if you want the most in-depth research ever done into the history of christianity go to http://www.truthbeknown.com

You mean the most in-depth revisionism. That stuff is full of hoaxes. Don't fall for it.

Irony score 10/10.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I find it truly amazing that you can believe that JC never existed at all. Not that you don't believe that He is the Son of God, or anything about Christianity, but the fact He didn't exist.:S

To believe that you'd have to believe that the Apostles, including Paul, Barnabos, Silas, Apollo and others didn't exist either. That someone so convinced first century people to follow the myth of a Jewish Rabbi, who taught He was the Son of God, that they would die for that belief. Try getting the average Jew to believe such "heresy". But no, you also think Gentiles would follow the myth of a Jewish peasant who was crucified as a criminal to their own death too.

I suppose you believe Nero, Domician and other emperors never heard of Christians either. I guess the Christians being fed to the lions was another "myth"

I must admit, you are proof that it takes as much faith to be an atheists as it does a Christian.:)

steveOrino

THE BIBLE IS THE HOAX. even the jews know that jesus as the chosen messiah is BULLSHIT!

www.messiahtruth.com

it would have been BETTER put to say ---for the most accurate in depth research into the history and origins of EVERY religion ever in existence on the planet go to www.truthbeknown.com. it is truly time for religious proselytizers of every "faith" to stop living in DENIAL"

THE BIBLE IS THE HOAX. even the jews know that jesus as the chosen messiah is BULLSHIT!

www.messiahtruth.com

it would have been BETTER put to say ---for the most accurate in depth research into the history and origins of EVERY religion ever in existence on the planet go to www.truthbeknown.com. it is truly time for religious proselytizers of every "faith" to stop living in DENIAL"

To quote from Jakee...

"Eh? What'd I do? Why are you talking to me?"

because you continue to propound a lie as truth.

if it was not so hilarious reading what you say about the bible, i might not say any more. the best laugh of all was when you told me that i was going to hell.

for conversation sake, do you "believe" that that the race of man on earth is the only intelligent species in the entire universe?" If you say no, the implication is that you believe in life elsewhere in the universe. IF there is intelligent life elsewhere and the bible is the 'word' of the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent 'god', THEN the bible has absolute and total applicability to every species that may exist anywhere in the universe.

if it was not so hilarious reading what you say about the bible, i might not say any more. the best laugh of all was when you told me that i was going to hell.

for conversation sake, do you "believe" that that the race of man on earth is the only intelligent species in the entire universe?" If you say no, the implication is that you believe in life elsewhere in the universe. IF there is intelligent life elsewhere and the bible is the 'word' of the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent 'god', THEN the bible has absolute and total applicability to every species that may exist anywhere in the universe.

What has that got to do with your eternal salvation? :S

What has that got to do with your eternal salvation? :S

This isn't personally directed at anyone but you have to remember... you can ask questions like that to people who believe in the eternal nature of one's personal existence, but for people who disregard that as a non-truth, the question serves no real purpose.
6.8% - Almost there!

eternal salvation is as much BULLSHIT as the bible is! if eternity exists, then we are experiencing it right now. as far as what it has do with it, if we need it, then every other intelligent species that may exist in the infinite(eternal) universe , according to your bible needs it to because your bible is supposedly the word of the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent god(sun)