akarunway

BUSH

Photo ops. I'm so sick I wanna puke. Where the fuck was he last week? How come he is surrounding himself w/ the blacks now. Fuckin slimeball, scumbag hypocryte. There. Does that classify as a personal attack? Rant over
Waiting for the black choppers. LOL
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Thank you for the enlightening comments on the current situation. With such uplifting rhetoric there is no doubt that we will weather this storm. While many of us would very much like to understand what is happening and why it is happening, you have shown us all the path to peace and contentment: mindless partisanship. It is so pure and simple. Pick a side, blame those in power or those who are suffering, doesn't matter. No need to have any real discussion. We'll simply jump to conclusions...so long as we feel we can place blame, we can claim to understand the situation.

Once again, thank you for your words of wisdom.

FallRate

and nice to refer to them as "the blacks"

Interesting comment, but one thing I noticed with a move across the pond is the difference in what is an acceptable term for different races.

What is acceptable in one country is an insult in another, and vice versa.

This comment is about this statement only, not as a defense of anyone elses comments or prejudices.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

I wonder why he came back from vacation? People here kept telling me that he could work just as well from his vacation residence as he could from the White House.

The best part was him saying that the relief efforts were not acceptable. I guess he forgot FEMA reports directly to him.....

I don't think Bush is directly to blame for any of this though. Situations like this show who the great or even good leaders are (think of Giuliani for instance). I think it is pretty clear that Bush, based on his performance in the last week or so, does not fit in either category.

The best part was him saying that the relief efforts were not acceptable. I guess he forgot FEMA reports directly to him.....

Not since the reorganization. It is now 1 step removed and the director no longer has a cabinet rank. THAT may be one of the problems.

"In a post-Sept. 11 reorganization, FEMA joined 21 other agencies in a new Homeland Security Department, stripping it of the Cabinet rank that had allowed it to report directly to the president. In a further department shuffle in July, FEMA lost its historic mission of working with state and local governments on preparedness plans before disaster strikes"

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.