TommyBotten

Excessive twists on bridle

This (see attached photo) has started happening recently, and I'm looking for advice on root cause and possible ways to mitigate it.

It happens about every tenth jump, and I've tried two PCs (both UPT), one brand new, one with 300 jumps, and they act the same. Some times it happens right after opening, but in most cases it's gets twisted up after a HP landing.

I've heard suggestions that the kill line is too long, but this does not _seem_ to be the case (from a laymans perspective).

Any experiences or insight is greatly appreciated.

I've seen it before a few times and in each case it was that the PC was not completely collapsing. You can pull the apex out to the limiter tapes and make sure you don't have more than 1/2" of slack on the kill line. Also, make sure the bridle is installed correctly and that the kill line can travel unhindered.

-Michael

basically what they said... your kill line is too long. when its full collapsed, you should see only mesh hanging down... if any of the zp/f111 is making pocket, itll catch air and spin... tie a knot as close to the pca as possible and recock it to make sure you didnt go too far, and make sure it collapses completely...
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...