beowulf

Drugs

Due to the current thread on Drugs on the DZ, I am really curious as to what peoples over all attitude is towards drugs legal and illegal.

A) If it isn't worse than tobacco or alcohol, legalize it.

B) NOTHING is worse than tobacco or alcohol.

Due to the current thread on Drugs on the DZ, I am really curious as to what peoples over all attitude is towards drugs legal and illegal.

But then how will we protect ourselves from....ourselves? :S
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Could you explain how Nothing is worse then tobacco and alcohol. I don't quite understand how that is true.

Could you explain how Nothing is worse then tobacco and alcohol. I don't quite understand how that is true.

As far as addictions go, there is little to hold a candle to either of our socially acceptable recreational drugs.

As far as the modes by which the two kill, they have to be among the nastiest ways to die I have witnessed. Destroying the brain, liver and sundry other systems in the case of alcohol, and destroying the lungs and other organs to which cancer has metasticized in the case of tobacco is about as bad as it gets.

Alcohol gets high marks for its capacity to ruin one's life - marriages, families in general, jobs, freedom, etc. - and results in a phenomenal rate of crippling injury and death from incidents as the result of diminished capacity.

Compared to alcohol, heroin is like a gift from God (though it sucks out loud in its own right).

Blue skies,

Winsor

>As far as addictions go, there is little to hold a >candle to either of our socially acceptable >recreational drugs.

I don't know about that being true. I know a few people that would disagree with that statement. One who neglected her children to the point where she locked them in a closet so she could go out and do cocaine and party. To this day she says if someone placed a line of coke in front of her she would most likely snort it up and be gone.

Once a junkie always a junkie.

But then how will we protect ourselves from....ourselves? :S

Ahhhhh, this is a large problem in America. People need to take more responsibility for their own actions and the consequences those actions bring. That is part of the reason we have parents that aren't old enough to be parents, kids shooting eachother in the home, etc.

We are responsible for our actions, on whole, people need to start accepting the outcomes of their actions.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Crack isn't worse than those two? THE most addictive drug?

Every couple of years there is a big to-do about some new and more sinister drug that is unlike anything that came before. Crack, basically a trademarked process to produce good old freebase cocaine, is no different.

I am not saying that any of it is good for you. I am saying that, regardless of it's perceived badness, it is not WORSE in the long run than booze and tobacco.

As with alcohol, the cure (prohibition/stupid drug laws) is worse than the disease, dreadful though that may be.

Regardless of the relative legality, I don't touch any of it. I am officially on the sidelines.

Blue skies,

Winsor