crazydaisy315

Got my rig, jumpsuit, alti and helmet - what else?

Hi! Still on student status, but only 3 jumps (if I nail my accuracy!) to get my A. I've got my rig (well, technically the rigger has it), my jumpsuit (for RW, need to get a freefly for my tunnel time), an altimeter (thinking about getting a second so I have an audible and one on my wrist), and my helmet. I know I need a packing tool. What else am I missing? I want to travel with my rig, both commercial flight and road trips - any suggestions on gear bags?

Got 2 beautiful jumps in this weekend, winds were gusty most of the weekend here. But after the rain cleared out on Saturday, things settled down and I got my recurrency and caught up on a few coach jump pieces (canopy work) I had missed before. Hadn't jumped since February, missed it and was getting nervous again. I'm all better now, and aching to be back up there asap.

Goggles, gloves, a couple spare pullup cords, a spare closing loop or two (your rigger can show you how to replace it), a ziplock bag full of rubber bands. Maybe a balaclava if you jump in colder conditions.

Personally, I keep a couple rubber bands and a pullup cord in the Packing Data Card pocket.

I have a Square One bag. One main area, plus a big and small pocket on the back. Shoulder straps so it can be used as a backpack. My rig goes n the main area, with my helmet (open face) over one upper corner. I can get the two suits I usually use in the bigger pocket, all the rest of the stuff in the smaller one.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Any bag that will fit your rig will do, I bought a cheap one on ebay for 30 bucks and it's lasting me two years and counting, so I can't complain? I would avoid rig sleeves, they don't offer the same protection to your gear, but that's my opinion.

If you want to travel make sure you bring the AAD card (the plastic thing that shows the X-ray of a rig with aAD) and the TSA letter that explains to TSA people how to inspect your rig.
I've had them ask it only once, they really barely looked at it, maybe they just wanted to check that I knew what was going on... but I was happy to have it, it makes going through security a lot faster.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.