"Christians Preach Bible-Inspired Diet"

This story, which ran on AP and was picked up by Yahoo (that's appropriate! heh) says some folks, in particular a minister, are citing the bible as a source of dietary information.

Now, according to the New Testament, John the Baptist (the prophet who baptised Jesus in the Jordan River) subsisted on locusts and honey (yuck!).

In the Old Testament, there were a whole bunch of silly rules about what to eat, what not to eat, and when (please see Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy).

Later, in Acts, the distinction between what was "clean" and what was "unclean" was largely done away with. Jesus himself pooh-poohed a lot of what was thought of as clean or unclean, saying pretty much that it isn't what goes into you that is unclean, but is instead what comes FROM you...B|

Given this history, does anybody else see that ridiculous contraction "carb" in this AP story?!

I swear (heh) that if I see one more "carb" this or that, I'M GONNA SCREAM!

DYOC - hehehe

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

just picking you up on the statement about "silly rules" - I believe that most of those rules make very good sense when taken in context - i.e. no refrigiration, and the dangers of food poisoning etc.

That said diets in general get to me [:/]
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.