Douggarr

Fundraiser skydive for stroke victims?

Seven years ago my wife had a stroke that left her with a left side hemi-parisis. I was a retired skydiver then, but now I'm back and as an active caregiver of someone with a disability, the sport gives me much needed stress reduction. To give back, and I know my wife would like to as well, I'd like to organize a fundraiser skydive for the American Stroke Foundation, perhaps sometime next spring or summer. If anyone has any experience in doing this, please let me know how to get started. I am NYC-based, and appropriate drop zones could be SDLI, The Ranch, CPI, or even Orange, where I did recurrency training.
SCR-442, SCS-202, CCR-870, SOS-1353

http://raisethesky.org/

While trying to do a similar event I was fortunate to find Raise the Sky and contacted Taya. She was quite helpful although my fundraiser fell flat on its face when the charity backed out after I had completed most of the logistics. They decided that they could not afford the liability insurance for the event.

They weren't necessarily worried about me getting injured or killed, but their liability in the event that someone attending the fundraiser was injured at the DZ.

Another good source of info for marketing your event is Kevin Burkart who put on the 100 and 200 perfect jumps for Parkinson's Research. This guy knows how to market an event like none other. Google him and you should find his email address. He provided me with his fund-raising plan.

I hope this info puts you on the right track. Good luck in your endeavor.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

You might also contact Valinda and John Mitchell (vskydiver and JohnMitchell are their screen names on here). They've been doing fundraisers for lupus research for several years and have set up the Leap for Lupus Foundation as part of their work.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke