TizzyLishNinja

Lonnie Bissonnette Interview: What Lies Within Us

Over the past year I have had the privilege of interviewing some truly inspiring people from the sport of BASE jumping: Jeb Corliss, Clair Halliday, Tracy Walker, Matthew ‘Calvin’ Hecker, Lee Hardesty, Chris ‘douggs’ McDougall, Hank Caylor, Jevto Dedijer, Mike Pelkey and Randy’s brother, Rick Harrison.

I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Canadian BASE jumper, Lonnie Bissonnette, and although he will state infuriatingly that he is not an inspiration and grumble that he “hates” that word. The fact remains that Mr. Bissonnette life story is an inspiration to many jumpers and non-jumpers alike; not because he still jumps today following his 2004 accident which left him a paraplegic, but rather his undying passion for the “big picture”.

If you are interested in reading more, here's the link.

http://cynthialynn03.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/lonnie-bissonnette-interview-what-lies-within-us/

Thank you!

Interesting point my good man. What exactly is the meaning of such a comment?

I did some investigating over a case of Heineken's the other evening.

There are a few people who sing her praises of how she has aided jumpers and supported the community with her writing.

I read through her thanks and see the usual suspects, just as the usual reply's.

However a new name appeared and you read it as a "fuck you" to others, I thought it a "fuck you" to a particular person.

I wrote this cooperf1, rob cooper from ysplanti, michigan to ask wtf was the deal purely out of curosity. He replied wanting beta from me. I gave him some and asked for his, no response is what I got.

I wrote to Tizzy and she gave me a "no comment".

Who the fuck are these people and what's going on?

Some brotherhood when you got wuffos and wannabe's scurying like rats on a ship.

That's all.

Some brotherhood when you got wuffos and wannabe's scurying like rats on a ship.

Quite an ironic statement coming from someone who created an anonymous profile just to make that post don't you think?
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

TizzyLizzy,
nice article, as many of them are. interesting gift you have, and the interest to go with it.
you have a talent for getting folks to open up,
who otherwise may not so much. it can be a great asset. thanks for sharing the link.

Lonnie, true character as ive seen it-Lonnie is an exceptional individual because,
(the LITTLE that i know of him)
he is truly KIND
(my experience-i speak from knowing he has gone out for me in a way that few know, yet came to my hospital bed one afternoon for a few moments at a time it propably was the last thing he wanted to do-i respect a man who can do what he did)
and thinks well his choices. i respect him, purely for those things, above his accomplishments, rarely can i say this.

Good to know his vision is accurately keen on his purposeful future, and what ever else about personal life matters not revealed for public scrutiny via this media, truly IS personal.

Say what you wish, but reality is, we all survive, thrive, and serve a purpose in various ways, with various people and places. Not everyone we meet and greet will (or should even -perhaps?) remain eternally.

to ALL, Tizzy. Spitfire, ???, Lonnie, me, BASE# XXX, FBA, GM, etc, etc,

FLY free, follow your path, and share that miniscule TIE that does keep us not alien from one another.
A CANOPY.
skydivers, BASE jumpers, paragliders, ground lauchers, cliff hoppers, test jumpers, paratroopers, every-fre(kn one whom i forgot thats got a canopy over your heads to get to the ground with,...

we ARE different from the rest, but we share that.

can we sometimes just have a case of Heinie for THAT?
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

TizzyLizzy,
nice article, as many of them are. interesting gift you have, and the interest to go with it.
you have a talent for getting folks to open up,
who otherwise may not so much. it can be a great asset. thanks for sharing the link.

Hi Minna, thank you for the kind words and I haven't forgotten about our talk.

:D Lonnie has that tough guy imagine, I see you have seen past it as well. The word, "character" suits him as in being one and having some.

If people want to read into what I write and take it to mean something other than how I shared it as such, not much I can do. Certainly not going to argue about other peoples interpretations, life is too short. My thank you's are addressed to specific people who understand their meanings. Enough said, end of story.

As you pointed out, no need for mayhem, just enjoy the things that are held in common.