TommyAndre

Deaf Skydive Meet in 2008?

Hey!

Since we are in the end of the DWR2007, i posts an new post for the 2008.

What you want to do in 2008, only meet deaf skydivers and have fun jumps or an new DWR?

In Europe or US?

I knows somebody meet in Eloy first week of march.

Mads said no to go to Eloy. Borgvar must work. I wait to januar for seek about i can take an week holiday to come to Eloy or no.

I did hear last in DWR2007, an cool guy named Alan from UK do want to organizer deaf skydive in Empuria, Spain in august or september?

Maybe i can help with to organizer if you, Alan want help?
Tommy Andre, Norway

2008? it is almost 2008 now less than 20 days away. People need more lead time for trip to Europe, to get vacation time, Airline tickets, passports etc
you might be better off to set a date in 2009?
that would give everyone time to plan for, save funds $$ and schedule vacation time. for example my work we schedule our vacation for 2008 in Oct of 2007 and then your "locked in" to those dates..I already picked my vacation weeks for 2008 so unless I get lucky and its the same week as I picked I can't go..

I suggest you pick a date and set up a location for 2009

yes couple of deaf jumpers will be in Eloy AZ end of february / Early March 2008

Yes, I heard last in Spaceland, maybe DWR2009 will be in Eloy.

But i think maybe a weekend i Spain for us as lives in Europe.

Or do you deafs in US meet for jumps in 2008, please write a post here so i maybe want to come over the sea to jump with you;)

Tommy Andre, Norway

I thought someone was setting up next DWR in Europe? for a change...

Regardless of what some people say about the next DWR being in the states, I really prefer that it be in Europe. We need to be fair to the Europeans.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My idea is, we deafpeople from europa can next year meet in spain for one week. August or September next year and we can visit and test dropzone for dwr 2009.

i send mail on all europaskydiver and ask, meet in spain next summer?

Great idea. You Europeans would have something to look forward to in the off-year, and so would the Americans at Eloy next March. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My idea is, we deafpeople from europa can next year meet in spain for one week. August or September next year and we can visit and test dropzone for dwr 2009.

i send mail on all europaskydiver and ask, meet in spain next summer?

Remember two things about Empuriabrava -

1. They require AADs

2. It's right by the coast and it can be pretty windy at times.

Great idea to test it out beforehand.

Deaf Europa Record is a Test for DWR and we can see other deafskydiver.
France, Italia, Germany, England and Norwegen People meet in spain one week holiday and jump, maybe we can DER jump.

If the good work. Then, we have the good condition of organizing in europe.

Therefore, it would be great, with most Springer from the europe times out.

Are we NEVER going to give the Europeans a chance to host a DWR? [:/]

I remember suggesting at Lake Wales that the next one should be in Europe, and then it's set at Spaceland in Texas. I thought, oh well I guess the Brits aren't going to be happy, but I figured I wouldn't have any influence because I wouldn't be able to go anyway.

Don't be surprised if "unhappy" changes to "pissed off". [:/]

I remember that Fred said DWR2009 will be in Eloy and somebody in Eloy already works for the callenge.

But DWR in Europe can be in 2010 or 2011. :-D

We only wait to it will be more european deafies skydivers as want to go with us. ?

But I hope DWR2009 in Eloy will be in November because it is SHITCOLD in Norway that. I need hot and dry air.B|

Tommy Andre, Norway

One Euro is trying to get the groups for their own to grow a better. Like the US started about 20 years ago the world first 2 and 4 deafie way at the national. We grow slowly with the long distance calls with TDD B|Now the networks help us alot. We talk easy but hardly do it.:S Know not all of us can go over the seas. Tommy and Alan will be good to have the events. We know the DWR help us grow:) Go 4 Euro... Any suggest and show us your free hands :)

I know alot of you in US plans to take holiday a year before, but we iin Norway plan to take holiday only some moneths beforeB|

Maybe we can take it in Europe in 2010 and NOT in Empuria in Spain because it is alot of winds because the city in near coast.

Maybe it can be in a place near Seville, 250 miles south for Madrid. (Skydive Spain). The place is little new. Skydivers from England moves to Seville every winter to jumps in SevilleB|

But I can hear with Alan what he wish to do with it, maybe I helps him.

Alan, send email to me?

Tommy Andre, Norway

I know alot of you in US plans to take holiday a year before, but we iin Norway plan to take holiday only some moneths beforeB|

Maybe we can take it in Europe in 2010 and NOT in Empuria in Spain because it is alot of winds because the city in near coast.

Maybe it can be in a place near Seville, 250 miles south for Madrid. (Skydive Spain). The place is little new. Skydivers from England moves to Seville every winter to jumps in SevilleB|

But I can hear with Alan what he wish to do with it, maybe I helps him.

Alan, send email to me?

I like the year 2010. It gives us states-side jumpers a bit more time to get ready. And yeah, I'm a bit nervous about Empuriabrava because of the winds and its location between the city and the sea.

John said Sept-Oct 2008 will be good time for us. We will hear from Alan or Tommy's annoucments soon to make the plans ahead...;)

DWRs in back-to-back years???

I will begin to learn to become an rigger i 2008 and be fix in october.B|

In my DZ are this five skydivers wish to be rigger. We start to learn spring 2008 and an Master Rigger learn us in the summer.

But i think maybe we wait with Europe to 2010 because i wish to try make a trip-packet for you from US and outside.

We can travels around i Spain and seek much and jump too. Maybe seek bull fighters;)

Maybe a trip in Norway first with a visit in our DZ and BASE-jumps for you if you wish it.:ph34r:

Better time to plan for you and take a long holiday in Europe in 2010. ?

Tommy Andre, Norway

DER is good idea for the Euro only. You may easier start with your home dz or the center of Euro. I am sure some of us can jump over there. DWR 2010 in Spain? Seem we like host every year instead 2 years...Know 2 jap never jump together at home , 5 Eng. never jump together at home and 3 Norway did jump together at home?? We are growing..:)...