terryn527

respiratory patients

Terry, although your MD has stated its okay for you to jump, I would get a second opinion. You say you have COPD are you on O2, I think almost every COPD patient I have seen is on constant or nearly constant O2 @ 2 liters via nasal cannula. With the conditions you listed your respiratory system is at the very least compromised. I do not think the added physical activity of skydiving is in your best intrest. I would highly recommend consulting another MD prior to gearing up and discussing your situation.

Gotta weigh in here. I was a RT in the 80s. I've seen COPDs skydive. It depends on there level of COPD. I just videoed a lady with COPD. She did fine. Yes, your O2 exchange is compromised, but maybe not at the level of making you quit. Try it -- do less stressful jumps (hop n pops) and see how you do. Good luck!

POPS statement: You don't quit skydiving because you get old; you get old because you quit skydiving.

JMHO