mikeyfred1

premature deployment from a casa skyvan

I wasnt on the ground more than 5 minutes,and I was grounded for 2 days

Hey think of it this way, there was no jumping the next two days due to weather, so you didn't miss out on much. Also, being a newbie who was hoping to jump that weekend, I learned something from your mishap and I'm sure others did too. The main thing is that noone got hurt. Now let's look forward to the August boogie!!!

I will look up the video and probably post it on skydivingmovies.com. When I do I'll post back here.

Better late than never... ;););) (Plus we can learn from this incident, no matter that it happened a while ago)

Here is the full video.

And here it is at full DV res (only the 3 seconds when the canopy opens), so that you can do all the "video forensics" of the incident that you like.

I also found this video of the same kind of incident (maybe even the one discussed in this thread???).

Edited to add: To open the full-res DV version after downloading from skydivingmovies.com, I had to rename the file by changing the extension from .mov to .dv

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.