Jessica

Question for the Brits

because he was drunk, and pissed in the back of the bus

That's another thing : drunk=pissed
angry=pissed off
These expressions are used in South Africa, Australia and New Zealand as well as the UK. Hmmm, maybe america should start conforming to the rest of the English speaking world - that would be real good. ;)
/s
[drop till you party!]

That's another thing : drunk=pissed
angry=pissed off

Heh. When I was in England for a summer I was hanging out at this pub and this guy goes "Man, am I pissed!" I go "Why?" He gives me this funny look and goes "Because I've been drinking!" I go "Drinking makes you pissed?" And he goes "Of course. Don't you get pissed when you drink too much?" I said "No". I think he figured out that I was a clueless Yank and filled me in on the other meaning of pissed.
We got a good laugh out of it. It was like a rendition of "Who's On First"
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

I saw there was a video called 'How to firm your fanny' in the US and I was ROTF, LOL, PMP, etc.
'Fanny' means butt in the US, but in the UK it means a woman's genitalia. A 'fanny pack' also sounds extremely rude to us brits!
Also, at Eloy I heard on the tannoy 'Tandem shaggers to the landing area please'. Again, I was ROTFLOLPMP. Shag means 'have sex with' over here, but I guess that's better know stateside since Austin powers.
Britain and the USA -two nations divided by a commmon language.
Geoff

1) In America, only a few old people refer to one's butt as a "fanny". But "fanny" = vagina is a new one for me.
2) I'd heard the term "shag" for sex long before Austin Powers.
But "Tandem shaggers"?!! I'm American and even I don't understand that one. Maybe it adds another point of attachment between the tandem master & the passenger!
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

2) I'd heard the term "shag" for sex long before Austin Powers.
But "Tandem shaggers"?!! I'm American and even I don't understand that one. Maybe it adds another point of attachment between the tandem master & the passenger!

I just realized: Maybe the DZ could give you a discount on the tandem for doing this......or even make the Tandem Jump Master pay you!
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

Nevermind the bollocks! What I want explained is the boot. And fag.. that I don't understand either, but I'll save that for another time. I'll accept "lift" as an alternate term for elevator. If someone has to "get something out of the boot" how do you know if they're talking about their car or rocks in their footwear? Enlighten those of us across the pond. ;)

'get something out of the boot' - well, I guess you know mainly by context whether it's the car or the footwear, though you'd be more likely to say 'my boot' if you meant the one on your foot.
As for 'fag' - well that' a cigarette, though also can be a derogatory term for a homosexual, or even an unwelcome task.