propblast

Great Day

Ah,
Hi all. Just thought Id say that it is already absolutely beautiful here in VT today. Would be a great day to skydive or ski. Wanted to wish everyone else the same and remind all that in everyday theres something good to look for.
Remember this...."Everydays a holiday, some are just better than others." Anyways everyone have a good one. Talk to you later.
-e

Ya Dude!!!
Things are starting to warm up around these parts...my DZ still has quite a bit of snow on the ground, but the super otter is coming next weekend!!!
PropBlast, have you ever jumped at skydive new england??? where do you jump???
"I'll jump anything!"

Actually, this might sound weird, but while I'm at work I normally hope that the weather outside is crappy. If it's a nice day I'll probably end up spending entirely too much time standing out on the back porch at work staring up at the sky and never get any work done. Also, I'd end up taking off early every other afternoon to go to the DZ and make even less money than I already do, so I wouldn't be able to afford to jump. :(

grogs,
that's why you get a job that is payed by salry

LOL, I've been down that road before. While it's nice in theory, from my experiences you're almost always better off doing the hourly thing. The problem is that, while the salaried job may only say '40 hours a week' your boss probably has different ideas and starts asking questions about why you're 'not a team player' and ONLY doing the minimum number of hours (instead of working from 6AM-9PM 6 days a week). Also, as an hourly wage slave, if my boss calls me and tells me to come in on Friday night or Saturday, or whatever, they have to pay me overtime for that time period. Since my company's budget is run by a bunch of tight-asses, that makes it very unlikely I'll ever have to come in during my off time except for a real emergency.

LOL, I've been down that road before. While it's nice in theory, from my experiences you're almost always better off doing the hourly thing

Well, I must be one of the lucky ones then. I'm salary - I work 40-45 hours a week. Every once in awhile I have to come in on a Saturday or Sunday, but, that usually means the following Wed I'll take off (DZ has $15 jumps on Wed!)
It's funny, I can't really call in sick when it's 70 and sunny, the boss knows what I'm doing. It's ok though, he's a pilot and he does the same thing.
I keep trying to talk the company into a "Demonstration Skydiving Team" ... they're not buying it though ;)

SS,
No I havent jumped up there at all. Actually Im a military jumper(yes for all of you out there that explains my like of rounds!!! and alot of my questions)However I do love the sky and Im setting up for my AFF in May. Hopefully down South. I know of one DZ here in VT. ITs just south of Burlington. Where is your home DZ? Its still sunny with blue skys now. Only annoyance the 4 feet of snow!!
-e

Skydive New England-its on the border or NH & ME. Super Otter, Swooping Pond, Awesome BBQs (Lobsterfest, Pig Roasts, etc. every weekend), Bonfire everynight, and just kick ass people. If you can come on over. I did my AFF there in July of last year...I havent missed a weekend there since, even with the snow.
"I'll jump anything!"