daz3

First time pulling the rip cord !

Do you remember the first time you pulled the rip cord? The first time I pulled it, I pulled it so hard,then I said to myself ( I hope that wasn't my jump masters D!ck,because if it was he's flyin a boobit now!)

Yeah, the first time I pulled it was AFF1 and I was heading straight towards a huge patch of uuuummmm.....errrrr..... Industrial Haze. I knew what it was and that I would just fall through it but when I got close I could picture myself getting splattered all over it so I reached and pulled. My JM's couldn't see me because they were under it and I was in it. It was pretty cool though. And yeah, I pulled that thing hard.

That was pretty cool. I remember thinking that it took like 2 hours for it to finally deploy. After I landed, I walked back to the hanger, put my rig down and got my suit off, then did the whole debriefing thing. It was only after I was driving back home when I thought “what did I do with my ripcord?” I know I didn’t have it when I landed, but I don’t remember letting go of it. Just a mystery now, but neither JM told me that I owed 15 bucks or whatever it was to replace it, so I just kept my mouth shut. Don’t tell anybody ;)! Keys – I had sort of a similar experience on level 3 (I think). I remember staring at the cloud flying up towards me and thinking “holy shit!!!” I knew in my head that it was just a cloud and it wouldn’t hurt me, but it was still kind of freaky. After I was in it, though, it was totally awesome!
Josh

My first pull was pretty weak. I had been geeking the camera (Froggie, next time you see Jason tell him it's still a kickass video!) since about 11.5k when I realized I was not dead. All of a sudden Jacko puts my left arm down into my face and I'm like "Whoops, forgot about that altimeter thingy." I didn't even look at it, I just knew it was time to go. So I go for the ripcord with my right hand and lo and behold, the damn thing isn't there! S#it. Fumble around.. ok, that's webbing, hmm, that's my dick (no time for that now), ok, that's the snap on my leg strap, hmm, that's Jacko's hand, what's it doing so close to my dick? Ahh, HE'S got the ripcord. YANK - there goes the canopy! So I didn't actually get it myself, even though he didn't mention it in my logbook. I put my hands on the risers (well, not really risers so much as the tandem harness, but hell they were holding me up and they were above my shoulders) even though I don't remember thinking about that and hadn't been told to do so.
I guess my first actual ripcord pull was on my Tandem II a month later and 6 states farther south. I got hold of it for sure that time.
Blues, squares,
PTiger

The first time I pulled my own rip-cord was yesterday!!!! It was my second stab at AFF 1 (fourth skydive to date) and man it was AWESOME!!! My first try at level one was a bit shakey, so i was pretty determined to have a great dive this time!!!
Whooo hooooo, what a feeling!!!!
BS,
JC
-------------------------------
http://home.pacbell.net/rhuurrr

tiger,
you mean Jason Aubin? that guy kicks ass! :) weve been bumming around since hes been home. a really cool guy he is. Ill give him your message.
I can just imagine the debriefing Jacko gave ya.. with his accent and all. Hes a riot. But hes kinda mean :) .. always pushes me over when im bent down packing. Did that this past weekend and i hit my head on a weight. Got a lot of pleasure out of giving him that guilt trip :) lol. i love the people at Xkeys. their great. even if they do stick me in the middle of a tandem canopy, roll me end cell to end cell, turn me sideways and roll me down the lines :) That was a moment worthy of some video. wheres the camera flyers when ya need them? (DONT ANSWER THAT STACY!! ROF)
kel