Dutchboy

Georgia Skydivers - Night Jumps

Just a note to all the Georgia skydivers that Skydive Atlanta is having night jumps this Saturday the 5th. Also, we should have our new Super Otter by then if it isn't already there.
While I've got your attention, Doug Glover of Nemesis is having a FREE 4-way skills camp next Saturday the 12th.

Cool dutch you goin for em? Night jumps? There may have been talk about doing them again in Monroe but its not etched in stone. I still have to do mine before I can get my D, but the only jumps I've been making lately have been on student gear-LOL just ask wmblaine, look like I'm goin storm troopin! :D my rig will hopefuly be here soon!!!
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

I am so there for the night jumps. I need to get them done for my D license as well. Not that I'll be getting that any time soon with only 90 jumps. I have all of my C requirements and most of my D, except for the Eagle and the night jumps.

the only jumps I've been making lately have been on
student gear

They have a pretty good selection of rental gear at Skydive Atlanta. Not just a bounch of Manta's. If memory serves they have mains between 190 - 290 sq. ft.
They have recently bount some new rigs (Quaser?) and also have several Javelins.
There are also several folks with multiple rigs that have been know to lend out the spares to others.

I've been jumping a brand spanking new javelin w/cypress, raven 3 and a brand spankn new safire - dont get much better unless you own it-LOL
Our Mantas just sit on the racks these days, Aff students dont even use them, Bill has done very well in upgrading all his student and rental gear. I beleive the mantas will be reserved for Static line jumps, but I could be wrong.
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

That's an interesting idea... I do need 1 freefall RW night jump for D-license qualification though... the only night jump I've done so far was a solo over a year ago. After I get that RW jump out of the way I'll be interested in some night CRW if anyone else is
Chris

Yeah it's good to know your emergency what-if procedures well before throwing in abnormal conditions like moonlight illumination :)
We can start you on some daytime CRW if you'd like sometime.. I think we can find you an appropriate size extra CRW canopy to use somewhere on the DZ
Chris

We can start you on some daytime CRW if you'd like sometime.. I think we can find you an appropriate size extra CRW canopy to use somewhere on the DZ

This is something I definitely want to try someday. At only 90 jumps I am a bit scared at the idea of an intentional canopy collision.
It's a shame the CReW team got bribed into practicing somewhere else. Would have been cool see 14+ Otter loads a day during the week.

BTW, you need a light visible for 3 miles to jump at night. If you don't already have something I'd recommend the Firefly Plus which is a strobe and flashlight in one. You can get them from actiongear.com for $24.95. Actiongear.com is on Cobb Parkway a little North of Barrett Parkway.