jtval

thomaston, ga

okay okay, i've posted this b4 but now the time has come for me to jump thomaston.i know that there will be an air show on saturday(i'll probly go check that out too) but is anyone gonna be there on sunday? if so look for the guy w/o a jumpsuit with the bluoe and yellow javelin!!!
see you there!
blue skies, safe landings!!!
jt
JT

Man you really pick the weekend. If I can't jump I ain't going. I have no desire to watch the lawn mower races or go up in a balloon that I can't jump out of. Sunday is up in the air but doubtful unless something changes. The GSL is at Cedartown on Sat and if the coach is still there some people may stay for that. Who knows where the FFers will go??!! The next weekend will be much better as I know of nothing going on to keep folks away.

yea i know my timing sux , but this is my last weekend in ga for a while. and ill be in macon for the weekend and i have to jump. and thats the only place i know to go without haveing to drive forever. on saturday i got a 3 hr drive to macon so anywhere much futher then that is kinda pushing it, ya know! damn the timing!
blue skies
JT

that's cool, the way she said it i thought they wouldn't be jumping at all on saturday. well I'll definetly be there on saturday then .
anonymous--
im driving from valdosta I like RW if anyone wants to do some. I've got 43 jumps so im not very experienced.although i did go through the skydive u! with Billy Weber as my instructor so im not brain dead either(well actually i'll letcha's make up your own mind on that last thing :-D!)
JT

Now if you aren't brain dead then maybe you won't want to jump with us!!! We openly admit it (or at least I do)
I didn't mean there wouldn't be anybody there I just wanted to point out to you that your timing is really off and that lots of people would be gone. I don't know about you but I just as soon take a load of 15 as of 22....more space to spread out and sleep on the way to altitude.

OK, I have positive comfirmation that the DZ will be closed on Saturday. I'm also told that if you show up Saturday night they'll buy you dinner so they can get started early (8am) on Sunday.
Also, just found out that the DZ has new owners. Have to see how this goes.
Anyway, no jumping in Thomaston on Saturday. I do know several folks who'll be in Atlanta Airsportz in Rome, but that is a heck of a drive from Valdosta.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

i think im gonna saty around thomaston. I'm actually going to be in the area b/c i'm visiting my father. but i'll drag him to the dz to watch me jump. he actually likes to go to the dz. otherwise i might never see him. anyway, if your gonna be there sunday i'll see ya there.
blue skies
jt
have fun, live free, SKYDIVE
JT

Trey and Tim (FF's) are the new owners. They are really excited, have LOTS of new ideas, and really wnat to make our DZ a fun place for everyone. (They even agreed to turn off "their" music once in awhile!!!!!) They want to do more marketing and bring in some new people to coach so I think that if we give them a chance we might be pleasantly suprised at how all this comes off. The down side is Mike and Dawn won't be there. Mike is going to fly for the season I believe...good thing.
I plan on being there Sun. Sat is nuts. Some of the gang is headed to Cedartown, some the Rome, some to Monroe, and some are doing the show at Peachtree-Dekalb and nobody is going to be in Dublin. Trust me I'll be somewhere with my purple and teal stuff. You going to be there Sun???
It was good seeing you Tues...bad curcumstances but good being with everyone.
Mouth

I'll be at Rome Sat., leetle one, jumping with Dutch, Bird, and the Rome crew- mebbe have to come out Sun., it'll be my last time jumping for a couple weeks- Sifu's going to Puerto Rico to judge the kung-fu competition there, and another senior student and I are running the school- LOL! :D Wonder what'll happen about our jump plane down there when Mike leaves? I've gotten spoiled with those bench seats...

LOL!! :D I wondered about that, too! Mouth, how long have you known about the sale of the DZ? I don't recall the ex-DZO saying anything to us..... 'course, it was his place, and his to sell, but I would have thought they'd've broadcast the news to the jumpers... shit weather today :(

OK all...JT came, he saw, but I can safely say I conqured!! He has now gotten an idea about Southern DZ hospitality. Thanks to all of my great DZ friends. What a great day. Actually what a great weekend. Life is good and skydivers are wonderful!!!