DuncanSalmon

How long to do an AFF

Hi, I'm going to be going to California for two weeks in late October, early November, and want to do a complete AFF course, plus have some time for some free jumps. I do have some other stuff to do whilst I'm over, so can't commit the full two weeks.
So what's the weather like in Autumn, and how long should I allow to make sure I don't end up unqualified and unhappy!
Edited by DuncanSalmon on 7/9/01 07:13 AM.

2 weeks is plenty of time to get fully trained and give you some extra jumps...provided IMO you do 2 things...show up the first weekend of your 2 and start then...and you have the initial $$ to go through the whole course in one shot. Plan (conservatively) on having to make 2 repeat dives, so that is 9 AFF jumps, then after that, you will need to have the 20$ to get your licence...and what ever your dz charges for rental AND jumps after that.
So, if you have a good 2,000 to throw down all at once...you should be doing fine. Shouldn't take that much, but trust me...you'll want to spend it!!!
Jumpsuit, googles, alti, helmet, dytter, and then eventually gear! It all adds up.
Most legal addiction I could have!! Certainly just as expensive!!!!:)Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

Make sure the DZ you choose is operating 7 days a week. Lots of them say they are open but there in nobody there and you can't get then to take an otter with 3 or 4 people on it. Call and check with them ahead of time. I managed to do all my AFF in a month on weekends. (Tough task since I loved level 4....4 times!)
I also agree with the money. Plan on dropping some serious cash...well worth the investment and it is legal. Not that that would bother any of us........