Shark

Kapowsin, etc...

Who jumps at Kapowsin?? I'll be in Issaquah around Aug.15th and *possibly* have a day of jumping (depending on what Ms. Seattle says). Do they have a website? And what's is the cool thing to do while up there. Need some ideas... (is there a bunkhouse there in case she kicks me out??):)

I'm from Kapowsin and also happen to do their website. It's http://www.skydivenet.com/kapowsin. Not much on the web site these days (ie. pictures or video). Long story don't want to bore you but you can at least get directions and some basic info from it. There is no bunk house to speak of but people often crash in the hangar on the Tuffet, in one of two rooms with beds or on the many sofas. If you need a place to sleep, we will find you a place to sleep. We have a full time Twin Otter and a Caravan that is there when it is not being leased out to other DZ's. We also have a swoop pond and two landing areas depending on experience. The view of Mt. Rainier is amazing and the weather in August is always beautiful.
Hope to see you there. Fire me an email closer to that time and I'll be sure to look for you.
Rhonda

Hit and Chugs are a blast but we usually save those for days when we can't get any altitude because of clouds. Hopefully, in August that won't be an issue. HOPEFULLY!!!

We can still do it from altitude, can't we?? In fact, we should get Boogie *rates* since the Shark will be in town.:)

I'm from Kapow too.
We do all sorts of dumb skydiver games. Monday a bunch of us decided it might be kind of fun to try and parasail a cruise light behind a boat. Didn't work out so well. But it was funny. You are also more than welcome to crash into the pond, just not too hard. Sunday we had a big way two raft dive. Didnt work out so well either, oh well. How about a birdman flying next to a canopy loaded at a little over 4.0?. Rodeo a headdown for you? Practice tandem sidespins(well not really, but rodeo sidespins)?
Then you could also be normal too. That goes over pretty good.