nimbus

dogs, dreams & directions

dogs... okay nothing to do with skydiving but just annoyed at getting home last night and seeing 2 dogs running around the street, which is 2 seconds as far as dogs run from a very main road... twilight, peak hour traffic and a small Pomeranian heading for those headlights... I call out "hey, doggy, come here.." and it looks at me and pricks up its little doggy ears and ignores me... I keep after it, trying to stop it from running onto the road and finally carrall the stupid disobedient mutt into the yard I think it belongs to... then almost immediately a Rottweiler trots by, heading for the same stream of cars! aaarghh! why don't these people shut their gates? do they want to see their dog splattered on the road? The Rottweiler comes to me when I try the same "here, doggy, here" trick and I hope it can't smell the cats as it sniffs my hand... I follow it back to its house and shut the gate after it as it goes inside.... sorry! just got annoyed at the irresponsible owners... living in the inner city on a major road that people treat like a freeway, they should take more care of their dogs!
now to skydiving... had a dream where I was walking through a forest and saw a sign pointing to "Skydiving Community"... a wall of parachutes was built into a fence and I jumped and jumped to look over and see these skydivers... one saw me and came out to ask me what I was doing as they thought I was being nosey.... then we had a great conversation about how I wanted to jump and had done 2 jumps so far, and he told me I could stay if I wanted to and I did really belong there after all!
so, that leads me to... directions...
I'm going to New York in October to visit friends, and can have a stop-over in LA and was wondering if there was any possible way to get from LA to Elsinore or Perris on public transport (I ask this knowing full well that LA is probably the city with the least public transport in the world! ... mmm except for maybe the capital of Afghanistan).... I was thinking of going to the Skydive Chicks Rock Boogie... but I don't drive so would need to get from LA to the dropzone and then back again a day or two later... any ideas? bus? train? broomstick? I've had a look on the internet for public transport from LA to other places in CA, but can't find anything.....
larissa

Hey, Larissa.
Dogs I can't help you with. Dreams I can't help you with. Public transportation I can't help you with (there isn't any to speak of). But private transportation I *can* help you with. Let me know when and where, and I will be happy to pick you up and bring you out to Elsinore.
pm me and we'll work it out.
ciels-
Michele

Hi Sam - yes it's lovely of Michele to offer (note to Michele, I've sent you a private message)... I don't feel like a perfect stranger living in here through my work day as I do... I've spoken to Michele a bit in emails and she's so fantastic, very cool.... always ready with a word (or 33!) of motivation, which I need...
I'm even more excited about my trip now, can't wait!
larissa :->