dinki

Skydivers from Teuge, Holland

Hello! i wounder if there is any skydivers from Teuge, holland on this forum? im start thinking of taking a AFF at teuge dropzone. but im from sweden and dont speak or understand dutch. Are there any AFF leaders who can give me a course in english instead ?? is it a good DZ ?

Hiya dinki,
I live in Holland myself (about 100 km from Teuge), but unfortunately I didn't do my AFF there, I just started my solo's when I first went to Teuge earlier this year. I've really fallen in love with the place! The people are all very nice, and most of the times I was there there are foreign jumpers/students present as well, and I think most of the staff speaks English. The staff is wonderful, they're all experienced and relaxed people. The landing area is very large (you will have to work hard to miss it!), surrounded by grass (and cows, and cow shit...I've heard ;)). Teuge has the biggest jump-plane in Holland (a Cessna Grand Caravan that takes 18 or 20 para's). Once I jumped there, I didn't want to go anywhere else. I got my A-license at Teuge just this Wednesday!
I just realised that the website won't be much use to you because it's in Dutch only, so you could just call them. The telephone number is +31 55 323 1604. You'll get an automated menu system, just wait a couple of seconds and you'll get to speak to someone.
Hope to see you there some time!
:)Ramon :)

I've never been to teuge, but do know that most dropzones here in Holland will not make a big problem about having an english-speaking person in their classes.
At my home-DZ (Paraclub Flevo) I've seen one or two English students getting their training alongside the normal group of students.
If you where to go to Texel for AFF (also Holland), I'm sure they'd be happy to teach classes in Eglish (http://www.paracentrumtexel.nl)
BenW and crew who went there last year can probably tell you more about Texel if you need any info (haven't been to any other DZ's then my own yet, just started last year)
But why not just take AFF in your home country??
Greetz,
JC
p.s. Going up tomorrow, for the first time in almost 6 weeks...AHHHHHHHHHH

Thanx for the answers i think i will sine up any time now. i live in apeldoorn so teuge is closet for me, me think. i have been living in holland for 1 year now and i got borred. so i want to do somthing fun (jump out form a plane and scream!) im not moving back to sweden until next summer so whats why i have to do my aff here in holland......

Hey, I used to live in Holland. Lived in The Hague for 24 years and have lost track of a friend of mine who is a skydiver. If any of you in your travel come across a dutch skydiver called Ruther who currently works in the theatre industry tell him to get a hold of me here!!!!
Thanks, Justin