iamcolin

Best weekend EVER

Wow this weekend was seriously the best of my life..
I did my first four solo jumps after PFF and MAN.. It was SO awesome.
First one was crazy... I did a bunch of back loops on the exit! It was so fun.. Then under canopy I wasnt really paying so much attention to the wind... Well.. Its a lot stronger when I got lower... So I saw this guy Andrew land pretty far away from the DZ and though wow I should start heading back.. Well i get on heading towards the DZ and I am going backwards!! SHIT. So I just leave my canopy pointing towards the DZ so I dont land too far away and then I go over top some trees... UGH It was crazy. the wind blew me over two farmers fields and then I wouldve landed on these trees so I had to turn and go over this highway and land in a field full of cows.. When I landed they all turned and were staring at me... It was crazy I just grabbed my chute as fast as I could and took off towards the fence.. Well it was a barbed wire fence so I was wandering along the side of it for like ten minutes then this lady that lives across the highway pulls her truck in and opens some gate for me and gives me a ride back to the DZ.. Haha shes like Tell mike (Owner) that he owes us a lot of beer now.. It was quite the expirience.
The second jump I did a ride the slide exit which was I think the funnest exit so far. During freefall I did a front loop, back loop and then tracked for a bit. It was great.
Third jump I went with the guy who actually got me into skydiving that I worked with.. We docked on the way down for a few seconds it was SO awesome. Jumping with other people is great. Espeically when they arent holding on to you like in PFF. I feel a lot more comfortable by myself. Then on the landing I stood up and the wind pulled me backwards and I had to fight it down. Thats fun.
The last jump I did a dive out exit! MAN there are so many things I want to try now.. Anyways once I got stable this jump I wanted to try sitflying.. Well holy its harder than I thought. I tried it at least five times and every time once I got right into the sit I flipped over sideways and went back into my arch. IT was still fun! OH YEAH this jump I rode on a PD 190 canopy instead the 288 mantas.. OK right before I pulled my goggles flew off and that was crazy. So I pulled and this canopy is SO awesome. When you pull the front risers it actually does somethign! its great! So I was spinning around everywhere.. The landing was good too I stood up! I actually think that now my first canopy will be for sure either a 170 or 150.. Probably 150 though.
OH and I also bought a jumpsuit.. Just a nice used one for 40 bucks. MAN this is SO awesome.
I cant wait till saturday!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah is anybody from Saskatchewan, Alberta or BC that will be going on that Canadian Invasion trip this January to Arizona? I think when I go Im gonna just stay there till summer up here. hhahaha.
Bye.

I did my PFF at Westlock.
I haven't even heard of Dids or Beiseker. Where are those?
The only other DZ's I've heard of around here are Eden North and The skydive ranch near Calgary.
I live right at the very south end of Edmonton. What do you think would be the closest DZ for me? Because right now it takes like over an hour and a half to get out to westlock.

Chuck said
No, but if you are I guess you know Karna Luchsinger, huh? Lovely
Nice lady in deed... been about 5 years I havent seen any of the Sask people... doubt any would remember me (I was but a little 100 jump wonder when I lived in AB.. now I'm a 700 jump wonder)
And as far as other Edmonchuckiens, I think Tee jumps at Westlock too (and some good friends of ours jumps there too: Errol and Cindy)
Didsburry and and Beiseker are closer to Calgary. Dids is a CSPA DZ (check out www.cspa.ca), Beiseker AKA "skydive Ranch" and is not a CSPA DZ (I wont get into politics here, PM me for my opiniated opinion....)
I lived on the South end too when I was in the Chuck...Eden North would be closer to you vs. Westlock, but its not that big a difference (maybe 1 hour).
I havent been to either in FOR EVER (5 years).. I jumped at Blue Skies when i lived there, but its closed now...[sad] so I cant say what either are like now.... HOWEVER, if you want to give CReW a try, go to Eden, its the home of the Plaid Jackets (they won Bronze at the Air Games in Spain this year in one of the CReW events) and have been consistantly been among the top teams for quite a few yeards....
Remi
Muff 914

In Reply to:
And as far as other Edmonchuckiens, I think Tee jumps at Westlock too
I'm pretty sure she used to jump there, but she's moved to Calgary and jumps at the Ranch now. I was on a 4-way scramble team with her a couple of weeks ago and we won. I still can't get over that!!
Live to Jump, Pull to Live
Lippy