ramon

Anyone going to L'Espace boogie 02?

Keep your pantyhose on Ramon...
They havent published the dates yet... (http://www.espace-boogie.com/flashed.html
Karen and I would normally go, but we're doing the "Relative Work" tour of Canada this summer.
There were strong rumours last year and this winter that Espace would never be back to its former glory because of commercial challenges : a couple of years back, there were loads of big ways RW, making it easy to justify a big plane/chopper. Now, its smaller groups, lots of freeflyers (some big groups of those, but lots of smaller ones too) and more lower experienced RW people too, making a jet tailgate harder to justify financially....
That being said, we still went last year (2001) even if it was a toned down affair (its was at Lapalisse (awsome DZ by the way), and no special plane, "just" 2 Supper Otters and 2 Skyvans) and did some of the best jumps in our lives... You should be fairly proficient at RW or FF if you want to get into the organized groups.
You best bet for this year is to get a hold of the Lapalisse DZ (they organize Espace, wether its at their place, or the "regular" Espace location of Vichy) http://www.lapalisse-aero.com/france/flashed.html and ask what's happening... And let us know !!!
pm me if you want more info.
PS: I hope and pray its not the end of Espace.... awsome boogie, awsome vibe, awsome jumps..... shame about the nakedness on the day's summary of the jumps video.. ;)
PPS: the AN 72 holds about 70 people, not 40....[big grin]
Remi
Muff 914

I see it now too...
get a hold of them (they reply to emails), dont take my rantings for fact..... It is one great boogie with top notch quality jumps.... and if its a small boogie at Lapalisse, that DZ has world class facilities (cleanest toilet and showers rooms I've ever seen at DZs, awsome food, and about 20 or 30 clean rooms).
Have fun where ever you go!
Remi
Muff 914

I was curious myself... here's their response, and my creative translation
-------------
les détails à propos du boogie ne sont pas encore déterminés. Le site dépend des avions et vice-versa (longueur de piste) ! Nous espérons aboutir à une formule qui vous plaise au mieux et diffuserons les infos dès que possible.
-------
Boogie details arent set yet. The site will depend on the planes and vice versa (runway length) ! We're hoping to end up with a set up that will satisfy you and will distribute the information as soon as possible.
Remi
Muff 914