katzas

Goggle cam

Has anyone used goggles or sunglasses with a cam built into them? The newer ones are 1080P HD and are being offered with 5.8GHz wi-fi capability. I don't know if this allows real time freefall transmission or not. You can put an SD card into the glasses/goggles to record the dive. This would seem to eliminate one problem with externally mounted cameras on helmets. Comments?

katzas

Has anyone used goggles or sunglasses with a cam built into them? The newer ones are 1080P HD and are being offered with 5.8GHz wi-fi capability. I don't know if this allows real time freefall transmission or not. You can put an SD card into the glasses/goggles to record the dive. This would seem to eliminate one problem with externally mounted cameras on helmets. Comments?

An immediate problem I can identify is quality. Smaller lens = lesser quality. I bet low light performance will suck majorly.

countzero

A buddy of mine bought a pair a few years ago Pivotheads I think. The camera was located in the nose piece and had a very narrow field of view. I don't know if any of the newer ones have fixed this issue.

These claim 143 degree lens which is located in the bridge between the lenses on the sunglass type. There are goggles too. I guess the only way to find out is to buy a pair. Will post results if I do.

The video I've seen (I have no idea what brand/model of goggle) is mediocre at best, especially relative to the quality from other small cameras nowadays Fine for a "woo hoo look what me and my friends did this weekend" kind of video, but not great for much else.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke