StevieBoy

Beachbum, where you at

ok ... Live outside of Houston (barely, these days - town is coming to get me) ... did the first jump course and student jumps at Wharton (which no longer exists .. :( ..) ... first level 8 jump at Lost Prairie year before last ... went again this year ... a BLAST!! Jumping at Waller now ... have a HUGE total of 32 jumps after almost 2 years (ear problem that limits me to one every week to 10 days). Rig is a VooDoo .. Triathlon 160/Raven 150. Just starting to learn to jump with weights ... I'm SLOW ... 6'2" and only 145 lbs. I almost got into jumping back in the late 70's, until the wife in the couple I knew who were learning went in ... put a big damper on me wanting to try it for a long time. Couple of years ago met a guy who informed me about the advances in equipment and the fact that I could do AFF (no static or tandem), and I went for it ... DEFINITELY hooked!! As the name says ... I'm a beachbum ... surfing since I was 11 ... love to snowski, fish, whitewater canoe, sail ... just about anything outside actually ... play guitar ... like to fiddle with woodwork ... anything else ... just ask ...

Hey Beachbum, welcome to Dropzone.com!
Always a good idea to search the boards first before you ask a questions - a lot of skydiving questions and site issues (like the PM error message) has been dealt with a lot of times before.
Also, I moved this thread of yours to the Talk Back forum from Relative Work. We try to keep discussions in the other forums (at least when the start) to the related forum topic. On this board you can post more or less any chit-chat! Have fun! :)Safe swoops
Sangiro