AggieDave

Big Bend National Park

Have any of yall ever camped or hiked there before? I'm looking for a good spot in Texas to do some hiking/camping over Spring Break (between the weekends, which I'll be jumping). I've never camped in that part of the state before and was wondering what it would be like, if there are good Mt. Bike trails and any 4x4 spots? (Yes, I am researching all of that on the web and the library (read: Barnes and Nobles), but I was wondering if any of you had personal experience there.) :)"And who are you?"
"I'm...Batman..."

Did some hiking and camping there in 1996. It is a very nice and scenic place. They have about 2-3 trails ranging in length from 4 miles to about 20 or so. It is worth going to. I don't know about the 4x4 trails though. I don't remember there being any when I visited.

In case you get bored with land, there's an outfitter in NM that lets folks do solo canoe on the Rio Grande, they're located near Albuerquerque (it was YEARS ago when I did this). You canoe down 45 miles or so and stop before you get to Texas, it's beautiful. Just remember to stop before you get near El Paso and all those nasty Maquiladora plants! =o)
In God We Trust. All others pay cash.