camaroluvr447

SPOT CLEAN rig with some resolve carpet cleaner?

Just got a new (to me) rig. The harness and container has some areas that are slightly sullied just from time. Never been set down. Was thinking of using some foaming carpet cleaner and a soft toothbrush to brighten her up. Yea or nay?
Some rules can be bent. Some can be broken. But you cant break all the rules all the time.

awesome. I may pick some up. U ever use the stain guard? Im likely going to set it down a few times. That may help the stains.

Never solicit or accept advice from anonymous people about what is or is not okay to do with your rig. :S
Owned by Remi #?

Here's what I use:

http://www.scotchgard.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NAScotchgard/Global/Products/Product_Catalog/~/Scotchgard-Fabric-Upholstery-Cleaner?N=4340+3294466418+3294529207&rt=rud

And this is from the doc attached above:

"The use of Scotchgard® brand fabric protector has become commonplace in recent years. This fabric treatment seals the pores of the fabric against dirt and other stains. Scotchgard® is NOT a magical “silver bullet” against dirt. However, it has shown good results in keeping lighter colored fabric cleaner longer under normal use...Scotchgard® is not harmful to today’s container fabrics such as para-pak and Cordura®. There are currently several Scotchgard® formulas. The standard fabric and upholstery formula is in the RED CAN [Figure A]. Do not use the rug and carpet formula in the blue can."

Don't use carpet cleaner. Use the fabric cleaner.

Thanks for the doc guys.

*Edited to add: I can see how the thread and my reply seem to indicate an endorsement of the carpet cleaner. That was not my intent and I've never used a carpet solution on my rig. I was referring to the Fabric Cleaner, vs. the Fabric Protector (I believe both are commonly used...both red cans designed for fabric applications). Apologies for the confusion.
Apex BASE