abohannon

Infinity I-45 - OK for a 150 main?

Looking to buy a used infinity I-45 DOM 2002 currently with a Sabre 2 170. The sizing guide says this container fits 190-170. Wondering if it would be safe to pack a 150 main eventually? I'd like to get at least one downsize out of this container if possible.

Thank you!

I would say "No". I own I-45, and had Spectre 190 with Microlines in there (normal fit), and now have Spectre 190 with Dacron lines (tight fit). 150 would be too loose in my opinion. Aslo, keep in mind that the Infinity main closing loop's location does NOT allow for a lot of downsizing...

mjosparky

You can take the advice of someone on the net that you have never met or listen to the manufacture. Who do you think knows more about a rig?

Sparky

This^ A thousand times this!

If the manufacturer's website says 190-170, then that's what it's designed, approved, and safe for.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I was advised that you'd be able to downsize two canopy sizes when I got in touch with a dealer about ordering a new Infinity. Also, going by this: http://www.chutingstar.com/media/forms/InfinityFAQandInformation.pdf , a 150 should work fine, although the closing pin tension may have to be checked.

"10. How does sizing work for Infinity?
Whatever main you list on the order form is what the container will be sized tight for and able to downsize two sizes from there. Please check your pin tension if you downsize two sizes. "

Ash