rdcook1

How to sell rig safely

What is a good procedure to use when selling a rig to buyer from a distant dz. is there some type of escrow or how do most of you do it. I am afraid to send rig without payment and he is afraid to send payment without rig. We both want a safe transaction.

Having profiles filled out is the first step in gaining some trust.

If you're near a local turbine DZ ask the Rigger for a recommendation.

https://www.chutingstar.com/

Then, there's always https://www.escrow.com/

Search Results for Escrow Service
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Cash up front or don't ship.

Agree on fill out profiles and/or call their local DZ to verify jumper actually exists. Paypal has some payment protection available as well if you want to go that route. Skype each other to go over the details face to face so to speak if you're still nervous and exchange a signed written contract of who is paying exactly what for what. That way if it all goes south later you can somewhat easily take the person to small claims court later and at least get something back.

Personally I never had any problems selling a rig, various canopies, or gear I didn't need anymore online. I just used Paypal and then shipped once the $ hit my account.

Good luck
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

PayPal for payment. Make sure that the money is sent as "goods or Services" and that the additional 3% is factored in by the buyer. I've been scammed twice buying rigs on the the classifieds, for 5k and 3.4k. Both times I had my money back within 10 days. As long as they are verified on Paypal, then you're safe. Otherwise don't do business with them.

THere are ways to scam with paypal, even if sent as goods/services. I always recommend escrow with a rigger that you feel comfortable dealing with.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar