nigel99

My company sucks!

Well I am fairly pissed off. 2 yrs in this company having stopped contracting when I started working here.

We are now informed that odds of anybody being paid this month are fucking slim.

It happens to shit loads of ppl and we have been kinda expecting it. Major issue is I found out through a friend(colleague) who has VC contacts and the CEO has asked him to pull all stops to raise cash. Hence I know the situation through this guy and still not a fucking word from the company.

Not to harsh for me personally as my friend with VC contacts is busy raising cash for 3 of us anyway and that is well advanced but it sucks for the other guys here big time.B|
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Nigel,

I'm sure it isn't easy to find a new job. There are a lot of people here (US) struggling to find jobs as well. People with advanced degrees are looking for more entry level jobs, just because they are available.

But I have to ask, when was the last time the UK job climate was really good? From my ignorant American perspective, it seems like it was about 30 years ago. :S

People with advanced degrees are looking for more entry level jobs, just because they are available.

Oh really... That hasn't been my experience. I'm looking for an entry level job and can't even find that. :|

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Don't know I'm a Zimbabwean - now theres a job market that SUCKS!!! When I got here 4 yrs ago you could name your price if you did RF Design (cellphone & satelite markets) but since the collapse of telcoms :-(
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

that sucks!>:(

i was in the same boat... just out of college, only job i could find was with an internet startup. after i had been there a year or so, the accountant quit because he thought we were going under. i held out for another 8 months until i found a new job then bailed. 2 months later they missed payroll, then layed everyone off. i guess i got lucky!
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001