jumpy

Roundie landing

You might have met the fate of many of my old time jumpin' buddies, who had injuries, hard landings, busted bones, and enough PLF black and blue marks, that they were eventually discouraged from the sport,,,, So try to find the old movies which I have mentioned, and enjoy the nostalgia with your friends, around the big screen TV and with the refreshment of your choice.............but maybe leave the old gear where it belongs,,,, in the past.... I never really understood the aversion to rounds expressed by new jumpers. I did only about fifty or 75 round jumps, mostly with sierra lites but some on a 24' ripstop t-10. While I admit the 24' rip wasn't much fun and I eventually replaced it with a 26' lopo, I continued to jump rounds periodically throughout the eighties in the belief that if I was willing to train students on them I should be willing to jump them myself.... You would be amazed how many instructors did not feel so - they would train people to jump them but would not jump them themselves... The thing I most noticed on my first square jump (strato-star at about 35 jumps) was the sound of the wind when I released the brakes... I never really noticed that silence I'd felt on the first few jumps again... A round is just another parachute - pick a sport main, spot well and do a plf and you're laughing. It's not like no one ever got hurt jumping a square!!!!

If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

"I believe that tree landing was intentional"

O, fer sure it was. I almost said that and then decided not to. Terry and maybe even Carl Boenish confirmed this.

I hope you guys at Frontier are enjoying the Otter. Newfane has the distinction of being the site of my lowest exit, 1,400 feet. It was peer pressure.

Not my lowest opening by a couple of hundred.

HW