prepheckt

What's the most vivid memory about your first jump?

I remember that, after about two seconds, I didn't feel like I was falling at all. Then, when I was getting ready to pull, I noticed the clouds go zipping by me. That's when I was reminded how fast I was falling!
Hey, when did the new "Novice" title come out?
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Hoping I would not throw up and Praying I would not wet my pants.

But mostly The kiss I got when my tandem master and I were last to get exit the plane and the camera man wasnt looking. My mouth flew open, eyes bugged out and I forgot about the skydive.

-Holy Cow- I thought-
Did anyone see that? Did he just lick and kiss my neck? I hope I wasnt too sweaty. -Far Out-

Huh? Look, I am walking funny to the door. Uh oh, the camera man is leaving.... (mumble mumble)... WHAT? ..Oh ok, watch my head.....

In the door I thought -
Voices from the left: Dont look down - you are going to die, ..
Voices from the right: Relax, You CAN do this
Voices from the left: Lozer, this is the end of the world.
Voices from the right: This is something you Can Do, just try.
Voices from the left: What idiot thougt of this?
Voices from the right: I am going to go now.... And I will be great.
Voices from the left: Who do you think you are?
Voices from the right: You are who you think you can be.
Voices from the left: You are what everyone says about you. You dont fit in anywhere.
Voices from the right: I will discover this and I will know what THIS is like.

At the last second- I realized, Yes, I can jump out of an airplane. And this is me doing something I didnt not believe that I could do.

I completed my self imposed test. Without telling anyone I was going to try. However, I did leave a message on my answering machine in case the guy who just dumped my ass might call. "I have gone skydiving. Leave a message."

After jumping, I discovered a lot about my self,my life and my feelings and I looked at everything in a different way. Most importantly myself. Its why I jumped, I wanted to know who was right. Can I do something that is real hard to do? Am I ok? Can I learn something new? Can I learn to live my life on various different terms?

I believe that the video of me in the door smiling was the exact moment when I changed my life. My questions had been answered.

Whatever it is- Yes, you can.
and with that smile my life changed forever.

I did not throw up -nor- did I wet my pants.
It was a good day.

~AirAnn~

AFF out of a twotter ... first thing I remember is waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting ... weather or wind nailed me 4 weekends in a row after ground school ... gave me LOTS of time to think about it!! Weather finally good ... show up, and none of the JM's I'm familiar with are around ... 2 strangers that were standing in for the regular staff. I wanted to do it REALLY bad, but also knew I'm a bit afraid of heights ... so told the JM's if I didn't go to just toss me out. Ride up, I was a bit nervous, but not nearly as much as I had expected .. went out right on count (thanks to good ground school, I think ... I had confidence that the equipment would work, and that I'd do what I needed to in order to get down in one piece). Did the dive flow correctly (as I was later told) ... went to pull ... took a long time (noted by JM) .. I remembered that I got 2 chances (and that I had to pay for it if I dropped it), then had to hit the reserve, so did NOT want to only have one parachute to rely on .. so grabbed the pvc ... then regripped it to be SURE I had it before pulling ... LOL. Had the same experience as at least one other noted ... during debrief, JM's ask me to describe it ... a lot was just a blur except for remembering grins on my "check left, check right's" before the prcp's, an arch signal, and that altimeter saying 5500.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?