phoenixfire53

Jumpsuit Fabrics

So I've been designing my own RW suit lately. I've just about finished the first iteration of the patterns and I need to start looking for the proper materials to start the second one. I found cordura at ParaGear and spandex is common enough at local fabric stores that i think I can find something that will work.

The problem I'm having is finding a suitable primary fabric. I had two people suggest I use a polycotton bottom weight which I was able to find locally but I'm much more interested in using a Supplex or even nylon fabric. Can anyone clue me in to what the big manufacturers use and where I can find it?

I'd suggest http://www.seattlefabrics.com/ I've built both FS and VFS jumpsuits and they have both good quality cordura, spandura (which is a durable spandex cordura blend), and water resistant separating zippers which are great for durability. Drop a line if you want any tips... I've done about 6 full bootie and lower leg replacements and learned a few things along the way.
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!