Bill_K

Ultimate Full Face Helmet?

So a friend and I were chatting about all the cool advances in technology and where things are heading these days. So with that said, what would the ultimate full face helmet have built into it? Here are a few of the things that we came up with. I did do a search for a thread like this and did not find one, so without further ado...

Key features:
  • Self tinting visor
  • Fog proof, or as proof as can be
  • Well ventilated
  • Built in audible, not just a pocket, actually integrated into said helmet
  • Flight hud with forward speed, altitude, etc.
  • Air to air/air to ground communication system
  • USB port for firmware updates
  • Comfortable and NOT a retrofitted motorcycle helmet
  • Built in camera like the google glasses
  • Wireless video transmission

What else would make up this pipe dream of a helmet? And yes, I know the cost would be high, and all the arguments about experience to fly it, etc.

This is just a what 'if' thread. So lets hear it! :)

The HUD idea is interesting... but I wonder if ADD types like me would be too distracted by having that in my constant field of view when I should be focusing on other things? Maybe have a setting that gives the option to instead have some sort of perimeter-framed graphic that conveys your altitude but is not in your center field of view. I'm envisioning something along the lines of what you see in the video game Halo (the red framed outline seen when you are getting shot up). It could go from green (or clear) to yellow to red like the graduations on a standard analog altimeter.

How about one that would actually protect your head and neck in an impact?

I vote for this one :P. All those $350 carbon fiber helmets out there. Yet, a lowly Benny or Protek provides better impact protection than any of 'em that I've handled :S...