degeneration

PdF Transfair reserve. Anyone got any info on it?

Done a search on here and the old internet and couldn't find anything about the Parachutes De France Transfair reserve.

Is it of the same sort of era as the Tempo and that like, or is it an older/newer model still?

Asking as I'm trying to put together a cheap as possible 2nd rig. Got a canopy, and have seen a container and reserve. Javelin container, Transfair reserve. Seller won't split. Container is old but still nicely functional. However, I know nothing of the reserve. It is a 94 DoM with 1 jump.

Age doesn't really bother me as I have a 1996 PD Reserve in my main rig which I'm comfortable with. So if anyone can give me any info on the Transfair reserve that would be great.

Thanks.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

From memory, the pdf transfair doesn't have crossports which aid in inflation.

What size is the reserve? Check the equivalent sized pdf Tempo reserve for it's max exit weight - yes, it is a different model but if the Tempo's max exit weight is below that of yourself I would take a guess that an older model reserve from pdf has lower limits.

Like I wrote.. "it's a different model" and "I would take a guess" so please take it as such.

BS

I found a manual from the FFP (french federation) summarizing specs for reserves from all overe. It has the max recommended weight for the Transfair as 170 lbs / 77 kg, and a size of 128 ft sq officially, or 120 by PIA measurement. Introduced 1990.

(The document's name from the web is Copie_de_compatibilite_materiel-_secours.pdf)

To fix a typo in another post in this thread: For later PdF reserves, one is talking about the Techno not Tempo.

This has been a good week for finding info on weird old reserves!

Cheers for the replies.

The Transfair was a 128, so I'd be loading it at about 1.4 - probably a bit more than reliably safe.

Think I'll give it a miss. Can get a Techno and different container for not a huge amount more, and am happy with a techno 128.

Thanks all.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

I've got a couple jumps on a transfair, loaded at 1.2-1.4 (gained some weight...)
Aside from the fact that it doesn't have crossports and therefore can have some endcell closure, I liked mine a lot. Flare is better than a PD-R (and Lightning).

ciel bleu,
Saskia