skysail

Still new to the sport...

Hey new to the posting here.
I got my A license a few years ago, and have not been able to jump much. This season I will have more time and I have been wanting to purchase my own gear. I weigh 180ish. I started with a 220 canopy and the smallest I flew was a 190 and remember being very comfortable with it. I want to be conservative and am happy with a novice wingloading (or at least close to it). What is the average weight of gear so I can figure out my wingloading if I buy a 190 sq ft canopy?

I was also considering either a Wings or Dolphin container. I have researched these but the Dolphin has mostly old reviews/info. I will be buying new, so does anyone have anything recent about these containers? Does anyone own one?
Any advice is appreciated, Thanks!

Take what he said and add 5-10# for your clothing and jumpsuit. Figure a good 30# round number.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Ok, so about 210lbs/190 is about 1.1. Sounds about what I need.

Maybe. Maybe not. Because you "were" comfortable with it does not mean it is suitable for you right now. Are you current now? How long has it been since you've jumped? If you are not current now, will you be getting current with your new gear? If so, does jumping the smallest thing you've jumped after awhile on the ground seem like a good idea?

Just a few things to think about...