phatcat

How much for used computers?

I'm moving soon, and I'm thinking about selling my desktop and getting a notebook. Anybody here know about how much I can get for it? Specs:

Dell Dimension 4100
PIII 800 Mhz
384 MB RAM
TNT2 32MB
48x CDROM
10.2 GB 7200 RPM HD

I'm not asking for a quote to the nearest penny or anything. But if anybody here is in the know about this sort of thing, can you give a general range?

They show Dell P3 500's at $146. So I'm guessing an 800 Mhz would be around $200. Fuck that. >:(

are you parting out you puter or selling it all together cause you may be better off selling each individually or something and get more around what your looking for. Try selling it on ebay you may come up with something and you may not.
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

Oooohhh, here's one for ya then...

I was among the first to own a "Pentium" laptop ... an AST P-75 with a massive 500 MB hard drive and 2 (!!) PCMCIA slots (no CD of course).

Do I hear $6?

Seriously, anything that can get you online and run internet and email has gotta be worth more than scrap value. My AST beast's battery is still good, runs Win 98SE and Office 97 with IE ... good enough for a road trip.

:SI'm not sure that today's "nieces and nephews" would even consider such a computersas a GIFT :S.

Is the world spining THAT fast now?

Dave
297 and counting

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Even better... to scrap it out you'd need to pay about $2.50 in recyling fees. The EPA is cracking down on people just throwing their old PC's away since they are full of harmful (and expensive) metals.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I got a Compaq Armada Laptop with a 233 P2 nothing drastic but I can play around on it and it will run soldier of fortune but thats about it
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

when I was in college (egad, junior year 4 years ago) a bunch of guys in my dorm and I scrounged up our old 386's and 486's and brought them into the lounge and set them up in front of the couch. they made perfect nintendo and super nintendo emulators...so we could all sit on the couch watch tv and play super mario world all at onceB|

nathaniel

My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

when I was in college (egad, junior year 4 years ago) a bunch of guys in my dorm and I scrounged up our old 386's and 486's and brought them into the lounge and set them up in front of the couch. they made perfect nintendo and super nintendo emulators...so we could all sit on the couch watch tv and play super mario world all at once

Now why the hell didn't I think of that? Anybody at Spaceland like RC Pro-Am?

Dude, I'm sorry but computer hardware improves so drastically and quickly and prices fall so sharply, that used gear basically isn't worth shit.
In order for someone to add improvements to your computer, to bring it up to what's now available, they'd have to spend enough to where they could get something new.
>:(

I got a Compaq Armada Laptop with a 233 P2 nothing drastic but I can play around on it and it will run soldier of fortune but thats about it

Armada 7800? PII 266? 64 meg? (I added another 128) Swappable cd and floppy? Built in 28.8 modem? Sounds familiar! It's what I use when I'm on the road!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1