Magistr8

Membership Question

I know that I will be checking with my DZO to find out for sure but, I was wondering, If I get all my licences here in Canada will I be able to jump anywhere else in the world?

I'm Planning trips down south and to Portugal this year and need to know if this will be possible.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

If I get all my licences here in Canada will I be able to jump anywhere else in the world?

No way. Canadian is Canadian. If you come down to the States you'll need to start over with AFF level 1. Kind of a bummer, huh?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

No way. Canadian is Canadian. If you come down to the States you'll need to start over with AFF level 1. Kind of a bummer, huh?

yes, the air is different in Canada, of course, so freefall maneuvers will be totally different in american or otherwise air. of course in america skydivers also jump parachutes 1/2 the size of the canadian ones because of that difference. we use ponds for accuracy instead of tuffets as well.

(/sarcasm)

I made a little error there, my bad. That should have read. If I get my licence A or solo, will I be able to jump down south or over seas.

A follow up Question would be, Does anyone know canadians with low jumps numbers who jump down south.

South of what? Brazil? The North Pole? South of The Border? I know quite a few Canadians with high jump numbers who jump in South Jersey. Somehow I don't think that this is helping you.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I beleive you need your A at least. The US doesn't have a "solo" license and I would suspect definately wouldn't be recognized. A do know people who have had an A and jumped just fine in the US.

Make sure and take your log book and all paperwork (licenses, etc) though. Also, keep in mind they have a 120 day reserve repack cycle instead of our 180 day one. This may make your reserve out of date in the states.

Oh, and I hope someone far more knowledgable then me answers your post because I could be wrong. :S

Gale

I'm drowning...so come inside
Welcome to my...dirty mind

I love the sarcasm guys thank you.

I was asking because, the dropzone in Portugal says that USPA members are accepted and make no refrence to the others. I am thinking this is more of a marketing thing trying to attract US jumpers, but at the same time, when I get over there I will only have about 20 jumps and don't want to spend my first 3 jumps doing static lines to show that I have good form.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte