airtwardo

Houston area safey day?

Skydiver Spaceland is having a Safety Night. You can check out the website. It's tomorrow after the beer light goes on. You can win chances for free skydives.

Call Krista 1-800-SKYDIVE tell her Slappie sent ya *wink*

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Funny you should ask. I just called both DZs. Spaceland will have some Safety Day stuff in the evening, with stations with a little literature laid out, and some instructors who can give you cutaway training if you want. Also discount on pizza from the deli.

Skydive Houston said it just snuck up on them, and they have a whole lot of tandems. So there really isn't anything planned, but if you want to track down an instructor and do cutaway training you can.

And here I was going to offer to help with PLF lessons...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Here is the email I got from Spaceland. I'm on the mailing list for both DZ's..

Saturday March 8th – USPA Safety Day
It is difficult for a drop zone like Skydive Spaceland to run Safety Day because usually (& hopefully) we would be skydiving all day. So, last year we did a very basic seminar in the evening. This year our safety day (or should I call it safety night) is going to take place in the up stairs packing room/lounge starting at 7pm. You will be able to visit different stations outlining rigging & equipment, canopy emergencies, canopy control and aircraft procedures. Elio will be at malfunction junction going over emergency procedures for anyone that wants some hands on refreshment. For every station you visit you can pick up a raffle ticket for a chance at FREE skydives. Tickets will be drawn on Sunday for the free jumps.
The Blue Skies Café will have domestic beer for $1.25 and specialty beer will be $2.00 for the entire evening and pizza for dinner.
This will be a very fun and informative evening so stop by and show your support to Spaceland, safety and USPA.

The weather is forecasted to be beautiful this weekend… Yahoo!!

Peace,
Krista

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."