freeflyguy

Can you say, Prick?

UGh! Why is this a four part series? Two would suffice.

Has anyone tried to get this FAA dude investigated for his treatment of the DZ? He sounds like a real lose cannon. After calling Washington and informing them of what this Inspector is doing they don't seem to think it was out of line? I think there is a slander law suit against the FSDO in there somewhere.

Chris

I'm hoping that all this attention will light a fire under the FSDO's ass. If he's as biased as has been quoted (and as much as I hate to say it after going on record that the gov is mostly useless), it sounds like a Congresscritter needs to get involved. It's probably the only thing a Mandarin Bureaucrat fears (a threat to his career from his superiors in the bureaucracy).
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

For some alternative background on
Aero-News.net, see:

http://www.cyberis.net/~jouster/zoom/zoom.html

HW

Yah, I've seen that, and I've seen the flame war over on the wreck. Don't know what to make of it. Looks like 20-year old pissing contest to me.

What I do know is that Aero-News.net is drawing attention to an injustice being perpetrated on the Farringtons by Jeff Dow, KIRO-TV and a jackass FSDO, and that interests me a great deal more than a court battle two decades in the past.

edited for content.

Part four of the aero-news.net story is online. Here's a great quote:

"...no matter who's at fault, media reports like that broadcast by KIRO, and actions like those of the FAA, are woeful examples of unfairness wrapped around several errors in fact, false allegations and improper assumptions that do no one any good... especially Kapowsin and the rest of the aviation community."

I hope someone takes notice of what is going on!!!
These articles have been very informing, I just wish we could get the general public to see them. Some would care.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Great article.

This bit in it

about an operator that he asserted blocked a runway he was approaching... and thereafter found himself violated

Guess who? Dow, and one of our pilots in a 182. Sucks.

Tell me how a guy in an aircraft can sit blocking a runway, videoing another plane on final, and then the plane on final get's violated? huh?

In any other court, the video would have been evidence against Dow.

I've met Lehman too. Not impressive as one that represents an organization that makes rules, enforces those rules then passes judgement based on those rules and whatever arbitrary whim that may hit them.

I hope these articles, and the any other noise to the powers and people that be help.

----------------------------
bzzzz