Gawain

Cavuto's Common Sense

This is a link to a transcript of a common sense message from Neil Cavuto from Fox News. He anchors a very good business-news program. This is about the "criticisms" of the war plan...

It's a good quick read. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I find it funny that the most vociferous critics are usually the ones telling all the _other_ critics to shut up.

I won't argue that point one bit. It was just some plain speaking at a level where there hasn't been too much of that....
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

One commentator recently opined that some of the criticism was coming from retired military who rose in a system of massive armies and bombing without the benefit of the technology that exists today and the tactics stemming therefrom. I wonder how much the technological advances we have seen in the past decade have changed the way we wage war.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

>When protestors block a major bridge, in a city with a river running
> through the middle of it, that is a very LOUD SHUT UP.

It's a very large inconvenience. How do you figure that demonstrating is preventing people from speaking their minds? Is the "big dig" in Boston an even bigger "shut up?" It's definitely more inconvenient.

I've noticed most of the "now you shut up" coming from the far right i.e. how dare you criticize anything that has to do with our valiant troops!

When i was in the army every squad had a RTO that carried a 30lb radio, now i guess they all have cell phones. From the tv it looks like they have bigger mutiple use weapons. What is the standard armorment for a paratrooper?? (oh if you have to kill me to tell me lets wait untill this is done)

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

One commentator recently opined that some of the criticism was coming from retired military who rose in a system of massive armies and bombing without the benefit of the technology that exists today and the tactics stemming therefrom. I wonder how much the technological advances we have seen in the past decade have changed the way we wage war.

Former Israeli PM Barak was on Hanity & Colmes this evening, saying exactly that - that we are seeing a revolution in the way wars are fought.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."